In Hospital for the 8th time
Started by parsonstreet, 10th November 2019 17:17 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2134929
    here
    Wales

NOV

Default In Hospital for the 8th time

My Brother is in Hospital today for the 8th time this year with another chest infection.

He has had primary progressive MS for over 20 years. He has had pneumonia numerous times. Pressure sores that needed plastic surgery and is fed through a tube in his stomach and has a tracheotomy and cannot move and has to communicate through blinking.

Yet he always wants to be resuscitated when he gets to hospital. He is a Christian (till I assume) and I assume he believes in a good afterlife/heaven but is still attached to this one.

The whole thing turned into a trap for me though. I moved in with him for 5 years and got too involved and stressed.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

2. #2 | 2134930
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

Default Re: In Hospital for the 8th time

What a horrible situation, Iím sorry. There isnít much I can say other than that really.
    Liked by: parsonstreet, sphinx

3. #3 | 2134933
    here
    Wales

NOV

I don't want him to live indefinitely in this situation with this quality of life and a revolving door to the hospital.

He has nearly died on so many occasions that it probably won't be a surprise when he does.

Him and his wife used to believe in faith healing and that might have put his hopes up.

My sister in law stopped speaking to my mum and dad and three sisters last year but apparently today she is being talkative with my older sister. My sister in law is probably ASD like me and has suffered from a lot of anxiety and depression. That added to the stress.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

4. #4 | 2134938
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

NOV

parsonstreet
    I don't want him to live indefinitely in this situation
    You don't but he obviously wants to stay alive

5. #5 | 2134940
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

I think that medical intervention goes a bit far sometimes, theyíre not so much about preserving life anymore, more about preventing death, I would hate to be kept going with no quality of life and I canít imagine how hard it must be for you and your family watching your brother decline. Itís a really awful thing. I wish there was something to say other than Im sorry for you all.
    Liked by: parsonstreet, sphinx

6. #6 | 2134943
    here
    Wales

NOV

superwoman
    You don't but he obviously wants to stay alive
    But when I go and see him he doesn't seem that happy. He just wants lots of suctioning of his tracheotomy and bed adjustments.

I am surprised that someone would want to live in this condition.

However long he lives from now he is clearly going to be in and out of of his care home to hospital. His condition can only deteriorate. So It is like a really long drawn out ending.

If they can keep him alive for more years it is going to be very stressful on the family. My mother is 78 and she has an old church friend who has had severe stroke also. My dad is going on holiday to Jamaica in two days and he is in his mid 80's.

7. #7 | 2134944
    here
    Wales

NOV

LadyLush
    I think that medical intervention goes a bit far sometimes, they’re not so much about preserving life anymore, more about preventing death(....)
    It is a dilemma because for example people can be kept alive unconscious or in a vegetative state for years but is it right?

What is the reasoning behind these interventions?

8. #8 | 2134950
    Fat, old hippy

NOV

parsonstreet
    It is a dilemma because for example people can be kept alive unconscious or in a vegetative state for years but is it right?

What is the reasoning behind these interventions?
    I would imagine that mostly these interventions happen because people fear death now and the people being left behind donít really want to say goodbye.

9. #9 | 2134952
    BC Member
    England

NOV

LadyLush
    I would imagine that mostly these interventions happen because people fear death now and the people being left behind don’t really want to say goodbye.
    you miserable fuck pig, you'd be better off dead, you twat.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

10. #10 | 2134956
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

NOV

I say!!!!!

Thread Information