Hess's Plane?
Started by TheDruid 3X3, 18th August 2019 21:17 in Talk & Chat

1. #11 | 2126716
    The common sense poster

AUG

Default Re: Hess's Plane?

TheDruid 3X3
    Do you know if anything of his Plane or Possessions are kept in a local Museum or something?

3X3
    About half a second on google will answer that. I know but I won;t tell someone too fucking lazy to press a few keys
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

2. #12 | 2126722
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

AUG

If I had read down a bit farther on Hess's Wikipedia Listing, I would have found the Answer to my Query:

As Preserved in the Imperial War Museum:

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

3. #13 | 2126724
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

AUG

There is an Accounting of various Parts of the Plane on the Wikipedia Listing:

"Two sections of the fuselage of the aircraft were initially hidden by David McLean and later retrieved. One part was sold to the former assistant secretary of the Battle of Britain Association, who gave it to a war museum in the US; this 17.5 by 23 inches (44 by 58 cm) part was later sold by Bonhams at auction.[97] Part of the fuel tank and a strut were offered for sale via Bonhams in 2014.[98] Other wreckage was salvaged by 63 Maintenance Unit between 11 and 16 May 1941 and then taken to Oxford to be stored. The aeroplane had been armed with four machine guns in the nose, but carried no ammunition.[99] One of the engines is on display at the RAF Museum while the Imperial War Museum displays another engine and part of the fuselage.[100]"

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

Thread Information