BT Contract Stress andAnnoyance
Started by parsonstreet, 3rd August 2019 10:12 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #11 | 2125421
    Tinselshit

AUG

Default Re: BT Contract Stress andAnnoyance

Nice Fred
    There was I, driving my work van, on my way home from a job, when my Vodafone rang. The mobile's ring strutting its funky stuff would normally herald good news as it usually meant a customer was about to give me money in exchange for a mix of my genius and some physical effort, but I'd be getting a lot of calls from BT cellnet's new South Yorkshire call centre near the old Manvers main pit - I was afraid.
    As I feared, 'twas them, this time in the form of a sweet voiced young lady who very politely, and almost singing as her melodic voice introduced her.
    This, if memory serves, was the third call from that bunch that day, and the millionth that week, so I really wanted to speak my mind but, as a polite young chap, I felt it would be very rude to do so to such a pleasant sounding young woman.
    I requested she put me through to one of her male colleagues which, after a little surprise was detected in her voice, then a few moments of silence as she transferred the call, she did.
    The man gave me his name as asked how he could help so, as a helpful chap, I gave gave him an good explanation and exact instructions.

"This is the about the millionth call from you lot", explained I, adding, "but I didn't want to be rude to a lady so I couldn't tell her TO FUCK OFF AND STOP CALLING ME".
    I think my unusual request to speak to a gentleman had intrigued the staff and they must have had me on speaker so a bunch of people could listen in because I heard a massive roar of group laughter from the other end.
    I hung up.
    It never happened.

2. #12 | 2125426
    BC Member
    Cyprus

AUG

parsonstreet
    I was hoping for some anecdotes here about what peoples experiences with internet providers has been etc.
    I once told Virgin that unless they gave me the deal they were only offering to new customers I'd be switching to Sky. They said they couldn't do that. I said "Fine, terminate my contract". They transferred me to "customer retention" or some such department. They gave me the deal I originally asked for.

That's how you deal with them.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: parsonstreet

3. #13 | 2125586
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

AUG

Nice Fred
    There was I, driving my work van, on my way home from a job, when my Vodafone rang. The mobile's ring strutting its funky stuff would normally herald good news as it usually meant a customer was about to give me money in exchange for a mix of my genius and some physical effort, but I'd be getting a lot of calls from BT cellnet's new South Yorkshire call centre near the old Manvers main pit - I was afraid.
    As I feared, 'twas them, this time in the form of a sweet voiced young lady who very politely, and almost singing as her melodic voice introduced her.
    This, if memory serves, was the third call from that bunch that day, and the millionth that week, so I really wanted to speak my mind but, as a polite young chap, I felt it would be very rude to do so to such a pleasant sounding young woman.
    I requested she put me through to one of her male colleagues which, after a little surprise was detected in her voice, then a few moments of silence as she transferred the call, she did.
    The man gave me his name as asked how he could help so, as a helpful chap, I gave gave him an good explanation and exact instructions.

"This is the about the millionth call from you lot", explained I, adding, "but I didn't want to be rude to a lady so I couldn't tell her TO FUCK OFF AND STOP CALLING ME".
    I think my unusual request to speak to a gentleman had intrigued the staff and they must have had me on speaker so a bunch of people could listen in because I heard a massive roar of group laughter from the other end.
    I hung up.
    You clearly overdosed on Jackanory when you came home from school.

'twas
    You dick.

Thread Information