Default Re: The post British escape EU

The French are quaking in their boots now I'm PM

2. #22 | 2125373
    BC Member
    Scotland

AUG

Chris Mitchell
    Sorry, Fred, but the UK hasn't been a superpower for a long time now.
    No.

Britain's industrial and economic might rapidly diminished in the 70's, after we joined the EU and we are now a service sector economy.....

.....but still, the #5 economy in the entire world and #2 economy in the EU and #2 net contributor after Germany.

We are a big deal. If/when EU politicians start trying to hurt us to prove a political point, the industrial leaders who ultimately control them will soon get them told and standing in line......especially at a time when major EU economies are sinking into recession, the last thing German exporter's need is a bunch of bureaucrats creating unnecessary obstacles for them to do business.

With the cabinet reshuffle and new PM, the UK is now playing a game of chicken with the EU. On the face of things, the UK tried the grovelling 'please forgive us' approach under Theresa May, and that has been firmly rejected by our political system.....3 times. I would say that the UK is now holding the Trump card..........whether through our system simply 'muddling' through it, or through intentional machinations behind the scenes, I would say that the UK has pulled a masterstroke here.
    Scrot is a poof!
    Liked by: Nice Fred

3. #23 | 2125374
    The common sense poster

AUG

The above is 100%.
    All the remain lot are assuming the UK is the loser, but that simply isn't true.
    The UK has EU politicians by the balls, and Boris is clenching his fist.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

Thread Information