Trump's 'Racist' Tweet
Started by Bill. MC, 21st July 2019 15:17 in Crimes, Mysteries & Conspiracies

1. #1 | 2123915
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUL

Default Trump's 'Racist' Tweet

The Media and policians have presented details of Trump's tweet concerning comments about a congress-woman who was born in Somalia in such a manner that makes hime seem like an Alf Garnot type racist bigot.

As soon as the Media and policitians kept repeating the details of Trump's along with the self rightous condemnation of Trump being a racistI became suspicious. Every news report and politicians' comments kept repeating the same thing almost word for word. Even Angelia Merkel joined in the Chorus.

The expression 'set them back' has been for many years the classic knee jerk cliché used by anyone who is displeased by the presence of people of foreign origin in his/her community. These people are indeed often racists bigots. Off course this is exactly the impression many people have had of Trump long before he made his recent controversal tweet.

After I checked out Trump's twitter, I found out that he said something completely different from what the Media reported.

Here is the transcript of what Trump actually said about people such as the Somalia born congress-woman.

'....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....'
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81395078000643

It is not my intention to be an apologist for Trump, but MO he was basically saying that 'you have a check to say that my country is broken, but the one that you come from is even more broken.

After asking myself why the Media are distorting the details of Trump's I concluded that it was deliberately done inorder to create a smokescreen of outrage. Some people are of the opinion that it was doen to distract our attentions away from the controversy regarding Bill Clinton's visists to Jeffrey Epstein's 'paradise island'. IMO deliberately done inorder to distract our attention away from the escalating crisis regarding the US relations with Iran.

In other the Media would much rather present the image of Trump to be that of a racist rather than a warmonger.

2. #2 | 2123917
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Default Re: Trump's 'Racist' Tweet

Bill. MC
    The Media and policians have presented details of Trump's tweet concerning comments about a congress-woman who was born in Somalia in such a manner that makes hime seem like an Alf Garnot type racist bigot.

As soon as the Media and policitians kept repeating the details of Trump's along with the self rightous condemnation of Trump being a racistI became suspicious. Every news report and politicians' comments kept repeating the same thing almost word for word. Even Angelia Merkel joined in the Chorus.

The expression 'set them back' has been for many years the classic knee jerk cliché used by anyone who is displeased by the presence of people of foreign origin in his/her community. These people are indeed often racists bigots. Off course this is exactly the impression many people have had of Trump long before he made his recent controversal tweet.

After I checked out Trump's twitter, I found out that he said something completely different from what the Media reported.

Here is the transcript of what Trump actually said about people such as the Somalia born congress-woman.

'....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....'

It is not my intention to be an apologist for Trump, but MO he was basically saying that 'you have a check to say that my country is broken, but the one that you come from is even more broken.

After asking myself why the Media are distorting the details of Trump's I concluded that it was deliberately done inorder to create a smokescreen of outrage. Some people are of the opinion that it was doen to distract our attentions away from the controversy regarding Bill Clinton's visists to Jeffrey Epstein's 'paradise island'. IMO deliberately done inorder to distract our attention away from the escalating crisis regarding the US relations with Iran.

In other the Media would much rather present the image of Trump to be that of a racist rather than a warmonger.
    Is English your first language?

3. #3 | 2123980
    No one hears your scream
    St Lucia

JUL

Trump is the pits. He is appealing to white racism to shore up his support. Three of the congresswomen he has attacked were born in the USA, the other came from Somalia when she was 17. This kind of language is totally unacceptable.

Nothing has been distorted, what has been reported is exactly what Trump wrote. Now the racist crowds are shouting "send her back".
    Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm
    Liked by: Reg Perrin

4. #4 | 2123981
    No one hears your scream
    St Lucia

JUL

The white racists in the USA have to face up to one unfortunate fact: whites are not going to be a majority any more. By next year, half of all Americans below 18 will be non-white, and that demographic is going to move up through the population. The GOP is living on borrowed time.

5. #5 | 2124022
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    Trump is the pits. He is appealing to white racism to shore up his support. Three of the congresswomen he has attacked were born in the USA, the other came from Somalia when she was 17. This kind of language is totally unacceptable.

Nothing has been distorted, what has been reported is exactly what Trump wrote. Now the racist crowds are shouting "send her back".
    It is amazing how the Media can manipulate human perceptions to the extent that people can see or read something that is not actually there.

Did you actually bother to read Trump's 'racist tweet'?

Here it is again:

and this what it said:

I've put the bit that created the controversy in bold. As you can see he is tell these people who have claimed that USA society is broken to go back and fix the problems in the countries of their ethnic origin and then come back and show us how it is done.

Not exactly the same 'send them back' statement made by the likes of Alf Garnet.

6. #6 | 2124033
    No one hears your scream
    St Lucia

JUL

Bill. MC
    It is amazing how the Media can manipulate human perceptions to the extent that people can see or read something that is not actually there.

Did you actually bother to read Trump's 'racist tweet'?
    Yes. HTH.

Here it is again:

and this what it said:

I've put the bit that created the controversy in bold. As you can see he is tell these people who have claimed that USA society is broken to go back and fix the problems in the countries of their ethnic origin and then come back and show us how it is done.

Not exactly the same 'send them back' statement made by the likes of Alf Garnet.
    Well actually it is. And it got a racist crowd in North Carolina shouting "send her back".

Three of the four women whom Trump attacked were born in the USA. The fourth is naturalised US citizen. Telling them to go back to their places of racial origin is pure racism.

Trump himself is descended from German and Scottish immigrants. Does anyone tell him to go back to his place of origin?

In fact, the only people in America who aren't immigrants or descended from immigrants are Native Americans.

But let's take each part of the tweet, shall we?

"....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run"

Well, that's the general idea of democracy, isn't it? These woman are elected representatives, it's their job to express a view on how the USA should be run. Not only that, but the principle of a free society is that anyone can speak their mind. You can say on this forum how you think the UK should be run, how you think Jacob Rees Mogg should be PM and so on. That is your right in a free society. So Trump's tweet is a direct attack on democracy and freedom.

"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."

Yeah right, so there's no crime in America, right? There's no problem with drugs or gun massacres? There's no problem with poverty?

You see immediately that Trump's argument collapses under any rational analysis.

OK, I've never liked Trump, but I recognise his own right to his views. But his tendency to make vicious personal attacks on people is beyond the pale. And I find it frankly disappointing that you're willing to defend the indefensible.

7. #7 | 2124062
    Absquatulated

JUL

The tweets are just political pandering to his moronic base, but he probably wants to say that stuff anyway.
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but only a little something for the weekend at the moment

8. #8 | 2124064
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    Well actually it is. And it got a racist crowd in North Carolina shouting "send her back".
    The name of 'Donald Trump' represents that of a single person who is US president, not a 'racist crowd in North Carolina'.

9. #9 | 2124075
    No one hears your scream
    St Lucia

JUL

Bill. MC
    The name of 'Donald Trump' represents that of a single person who is US president, not a 'racist crowd in North Carolina'.
    Trump was at the rally and did nothing to stop the chanting.

10. #10 | 2124078
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Bill. MC
    A bit like that guy Hitler at the Hindenburg rallies, eh.
    Liked by: Plutonium

Thread Information