Just a Reminder
Started by Bill. MC, 20th July 2019 12:54 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2123815
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUL

Default Just a Reminder

War with Iran looks as if it is iimminent. US to send troops to Saudi Arabia as tensions with Iran grow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-49054323

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49054586

I expect Trump's gaffes concering people 'to go back to where they came from', will get even more Media attention, so that the Media will distract attention away from disputes with Iran.

2. #2 | 2123826
    The common sense poster

JUL

Default Re: Just a Reminder

Trump needs a war to distract voters from the total cock up hes making at home, and a nice war against a country that was complying with all treaty obligations until he tore it up will do nicely.
    Interestingly, the war and mass murder the Saudis are conducting in Yemen at the moment is hardly mentioned in anyone's news reports, especially the number of civilians they're killing.

Still, oil makes money so that's all fine.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

3. #3 | 2123887
    The common sense poster

JUL

Prediction

Trump will attack Iran in whatever form, or at least he's send people to attack Iran because he's a coward and general bastard.

The US losses will be massive as Iran is far more powerful than Iraq, but Iran will lose in a big way.

The US will have no fucking clue how to move once they've won, so terrorists will attempt a takeover of the country and It's ISIS mark II for years to come.

Trump will use this as a way to hide his own crimes, but the civilian population of Iran, that's normal people, will pay the price in destruction of their homes, funerals for family members, and everything else that goes with living in a country the US has liberated.

The US will see a surge in terrorist attacks at home because Iran has already set up cells there - A perfectly reasonable reply to a US invasion. The US is going to get hit, not in a massive way, but US civilians will pay the price for their idiot president's stupidity.

I don't agree with attacks against civilians but, given that's what the US does, I can see their point.

I will be writing to the Iranians shortly in order to show them how to disrupt the US for weeks on end and make life a misery for everyone, but cause zero deaths. In my opinion, this is a far better way to attack the US and instigate regeime change to remove the war mongering Trump.

4. #4 | 2123908
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Iran are well aware the UK have an imminent new regime, they are testing it out. No need for panic or over reaction.......or allowing the old fool to wind us up.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2123916
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

JUL

I had not heard of anything about Iran that would necessitate a War.

I have heard loads about Afghanistan and Iraq but for the past Decade or so, Iran has been keeping Quiet as far as I have known.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

6. #6 | 2123918
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUL

TheDruid 3X3
    I had not heard of anything about Iran that would necessitate a War.

I have heard loads about Afghanistan and Iraq but for the past Decade or so, Iran has been keeping Quiet as far as I have known.
    3X3
    Phew! what a relief. I've must have been paranoid by freaking out during the past week or two about the prospect of a catrostrophic war happening soon.
    Liked by: BobBobson, Reg Perrin

7. #7 | 2123975
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Nice Fred
    The US losses will be massive as Iran is far more powerful than Iraq, but Iran will lose in a big way.
    How powerful is Iran? In the Iran-Iraq war, the two countries more or less fought each other to a stalemate.

OTOH Iran is larger and more mountainous than Iraq, so would be a better base for guerrilla warfare.

The US will have no fucking clue how to move once they've won, so terrorists will attempt a takeover of the country and It's ISIS mark II for years to come.
    Except that ISIS is a specifically Sunni movement, and Iran is predominantly Shia.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

8. #8 | 2123995
    The common sense poster

JUL

Plutonium
    How powerful is Iran? In the Iran-Iraq war, the two countries more or less fought each other to a stalemate.
    Most of their weapons systems are quite old, but rumour suggests they have some quite new Chinese supplied stuff that's easily capable of bringing down a lot of aircraft and maybe even sinking US warships if they get too close. Their military has grown a lot since they fought the US backed Saddam forces in that war.
    Of course they'd lose in epic fashion, but the US losses could well be notable, and far worse than in Iraq.
    The Iranians have, by some accounts, set up attack squads in the US that, in the event of the US starting a war in Iran, would take it right back to America's back yard.
    The US is unused to being attacked and war is a TV soap, so that would be a bit of a bastard for them.

9. #9 | 2123996
    The common sense poster

JUL

Plutonium
    Except that ISIS is a specifically Sunni movement, and Iran is predominantly Shia.
    Hardly matters which group they're from, they'll still kill a lot of invading troops

10. #10 | 2123997
    The common sense poster

JUL

Also, unlike Iraq, the Iranians have long range cruise missiles that the American would have a bit of a job shooting down before they hit their warships and, since the US stealth missile was forced to land intact whilst invading Iranian airspace some years ago, there are suggestions they shared the tech with China, and China shared back - it's possible the Iranians have stealthy missiles to sling at invading US navy.
    The above could be a game changer, not for the result of a military conflict, but a few thousand well deserved filled up body bags from a ship being destroyed would play hell with US public opinion, especially if the Iranian got a carrier, preferably at least two.

Thread Information