Started by parsonstreet, 10th July 2019 16:45 in Talk & Chat

1. #71 | 2123238
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Default Re: Ask me anything about being unemployed

parsonstreet
    But you claimed unemployment was hell.
    I never used the word 'hell'. Unemployment brings a sense of hopelessness.

Yes, I'd prefer to stay in bed when the 6am alarm rings. But work gives a sense of purpose and self-worth. I never said it was without a downside.

You position doesn't make any sense and it is not the unemployed's fault or responsibility for bad working conditions.
    Straw man - I never said it was. What does grate is somebody sitting at home apparently doing nothing but wallow in self-pity, living off the money I and others pay as taxes from the hard graft that we do.

You are coming across as a real bigot imo.
    Simply because I don't agree with you?

This forum is why I am now a very committed antinatalist.
    In your case, I'm beginning to agree.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

2. #72 | 2123244
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    Which is why I used the term "so-called".
    Liar.

3. #73 | 2123283
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Do you have a problem with English, Reg? The term "so called" before a noun indicates that the speaker/writer does not think the following noun to be appropriate.

And if there are more than two conditions on the autism spectrum, what are they? I am all ears.

4. #74 | 2123288
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    Do you have a problem with English, Reg? The term "so called" before a noun indicates that the speaker/writer does not think the following noun to be appropriate.
    So, you disagree. or don't think the term "Autism Spectrum"is appropriate . Why is that?

5. #75 | 2123290
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Reg Perrin
    So, you disagree. or don't think the term "Autism Spectrum"is appropriate . Why is that?
    <sigh>

Because, as you said yourself, a "spectrum" should have more than two values.

Now please answer my question. If there are more than two conditions on the Autism "spectrum", what are they?

6. #76 | 2123291
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Plutonium
    <sigh>

Now please answer my question. If there are more than two conditions on the Autism "spectrum", what are they?
    You're displaying your ignorance yet again.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

7. #77 | 2123292
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

The dangers of googling...

8. #78 | 2123293
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Plutonium
    <sigh>

Stupid twat.

9. #79 | 2123300
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

So what do we have here?

Vintage BC.

Fork Me says I am "displaying my ignorance". LP warns against the "dangers of googling". Reg just resorts to abuse.

None of them actually

answer the sodding question

because they can't.

10. #80 | 2123304
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Plutonium
    So what do we have here?

Vintage BC.

Fork Me says I am "displaying my ignorance". LP warns against the "dangers of googling". Reg just resorts to abuse.

None of them actually

answer the sodding question

because they can't.
    Oh come off it Pluto, this is ridiculous even for you. Just typing the two words "Autistic spectrum" , or more correctly, the phrase "autistic sptecrum disorder" into google will give you dozens, actually, probably hundreds, of sites showing exactly why you are wrong. There are not "two types" of autism, two extremes with nothing in the middle. I fail to see how anyone could even think that there were. Even if it was as simple as you claim those would be two extremes, black and white, if you like, it would be rather odd for there to be no shades of grey in between.

However, it isn't even that simple, there are lots of different symptoms of autism, autistic children can show some or all of them. the ones shown can be in pretty much any combination, there are a huge range of possiblities within autistic sprectrum disorder.

Now, in this thread you're actually being stupidly arrogant to an almost Memnochian level. Reg is a retired social worker with a huge amount of experience, do you really think he won't have worked with autistic children? Do you really think he won't have done training on autism? How could you possibly even begin to think you know more about it than him when you have done none? (...and there are no assumptions here, your sheer ignorance of the subject demonstrates that you have done none).

I've been teaching now for over 20 years, I've held major pastoral roles in schools for at least half that time. I'm currently a vice-principal with overal responsibilty for discipline and child welfare in my school. Do you really think there is any even remote possibility that I won't have directly worked with a number of children suffering from autism during that time? Do you think there is any possibilty that I won't have completed specailist training on the subject?

Not having done this training is nothing unusual, most people haven't, but having not done this training, posting complete nonsense as if it were fact, and then claiming that people with a wealth of experience about it "can't answer" is arrongance in the extreme.

It's just one of your personality traits that makes you so dislikable.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

Thread Information