Just had a phone call...
Started by Dordie, 8th July 2019 12:15 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2122552
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Default Just had a phone call...

This is to let you know.....drone .....your Internet connection is about to be broken. please press one to hear more of this or two to fix the problem....... Bollocks, Fuck off.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: Scrotnig, sphinx

2. #2 | 2122554
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Default Re: Just had a phone call...

Dordie
    This is to let you know.....drone .....your Internet connection is about to be broken. please press one to hear more of this or two to fix the problem....... Bollocks, Fuck off.
    I had one on Saturday about the car accident I had been in. Which of course I haven't.

I'm not sure why I answered it. Normally any number not stored in my contacts doesn't get answered unless I'm expecting something, e.g. a garage or similar. A slip on my part.

3. #3 | 2122555
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    I had one on Saturday about the car accident I had been in. Which of course I haven't.

I'm not sure why I answered it. Normally any number not stored in my contacts doesn't get answered unless I'm expecting something, e.g. a garage or similar. A slip on my part.
    I answer those calls all the time, both types. I had a bloke trying to walk me through connecting to his web site for half an hour the other day, I pretended I couldn't locate keys, pressed the wrong one, pretended the screen had gone blank....after half an hour he said "You're just pissing me about aren't you"....the Accident one is good too. You get a real person all zippy poppy peppy who gives you the spiel about being in an accident, to which I reply "yes...as it happens, I have"....she puts you through to a call centre....When they come on I tell them I was actually killed in the accident....some carry on as if it were a mere irrelevant detail....One asked me if I was in Heaven or Hell...I said Hell and he hung up.
    Liked by: Dordie, Scrotnig

4. #4 | 2122557
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUL

Dordie
    Phone number.....`148040(5)844...(deliberately distorted)
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

5. #5 | 2122558
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Reg Perrin
    I answer those calls all the time, both types. I had a bloke trying to walk me through connecting to his web site for half an hour the other day, I pretended I couldn't locate keys, pressed the wrong one, pretended the screen had gone blank....after half an hour he said "You're just pissing me about aren't you"....the Accident one is good too. You get a real person all zippy poppy peppy who gives you the spiel about being in an accident, to which I reply "yes...as it happens, I have"....she puts you through to a call centre....When they come on I tell them I was actually killed in the accident....some carry on as if it were a mere irrelevant detail....One asked me if I was in Heaven or Hell...I said Hell and he hung up.
    That's quite funny....so he sort of went along with it for a bit. I might have to try that one.

Many years ago when double glazing cold callers were rife, I went through a phase of going along with it but when it came to booking the appointment I told them I'd have to speak to my probation officer first as it was a condition of my early release that I clear any visitors with them. They usually hung up.

Another good one is to keep asking them to hang on for a few minutes before holding the phone next to the toilet and flushing it, then saying "sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer".

6. #6 | 2122562
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    That's quite funny....so he sort of went along with it for a bit. I might have to try that one.

Many years ago when double glazing cold callers were rife, I went through a phase of going along with it but when it came to booking the appointment I told them I'd have to speak to my probation officer first as it was a condition of my early release that I clear any visitors with them. They usually hung up.

Another good one is to keep asking them to hang on for a few minutes before holding the phone next to the toilet and flushing it, then saying "sorry, couldn't hold it in any longer".
    When we had some new windows put in a few years back, we knew the nosey neighbours would be coming to "chat" with the builders. We asked the builders to tell them that the windows were fitted with "Acoustic Control" so that we could turn up the volume of external sound if we so wished, thus enabling us to eavesdrop on their chatter.
    Liked by: Scrotnig, superwoman

7. #7 | 2123539
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Reg Perrin
    When we had some new windows put in a few years back, we knew the nosey neighbours would be coming to "chat" with the builders. We asked the builders to tell them that the windows were fitted with "Acoustic Control" so that we could turn up the volume of external sound if we so wished, thus enabling us to eavesdrop on their chatter.
    ......and the builders quite rightly told them that you had a mental problem.
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2123553
    BC Member
    Scotland

JUL

These calls have totally destroyed the land line in this country with many people just unhooking it rather that having to get off their arse to answer pest calls every 20 minutes.

I myself have a call blocker and never give out my number to anyone who doesn't need it.
    Scrot is a poof!

9. #9 | 2123581
    Second wife required

JUL

It was probably a scammer
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

Thread Information