The Netflix thread
Started by Scrotnig, 7th July 2019 22:41 in TV & Entertainment

1. #11 | 2122698
    Just an allusion
    England

JUL

Default Re: The Netflix thread

I'm happy with Netflix, prefer it to ITV, Channel 4 etc. I have Prime too but they need to do some work to make it more user friendly. Something's going to have to change in the future though, too many subscription/on demand channels wanting market share.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

2. #12 | 2122700
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Alice
    I'm happy with Netflix, prefer it to ITV, Channel 4 etc. I have Prime too but they need to do some work to make it more user friendly. Something's going to have to change in the future though, too many subscription/on demand channels wanting market share.
    Netflix and Amazon Prime are the new VHS and Betamax.

Amazon Prime will be the Betamax. Their model is poor (charging per month then charging again) and the UI isn't great. Netflix also has better content.

Netflix is now built into tellies and even my new Virgin Media box. Netflix is also really easy to use.

Of course, now thy are slowly hiking the prices, just like Sky did. Come back in five years and it will be at least double what it costs today. However, if we want them to spend a fortune making new, high quality shows, then it has to be funded from somewhere.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: Alice, Chris Mitchell

3. #13 | 2122706
    Fluffed out
    England

JUL

Scrotnig
    Netflix and Amazon Prime are the new VHS and Betamax.

Amazon Prime will be the Betamax. Their model is poor (charging per month then charging again) and the UI isn't great. Netflix also has better content.

Netflix is now built into tellies and even my new Virgin Media box. Netflix is also really easy to use.

Of course, now thy are slowly hiking the prices, just like Sky did. Come back in five years and it will be at least double what it costs today. However, if we want them to spend a fortune making new, high quality shows, then it has to be funded from somewhere.
    Amazon have shot themselves in the foot with their spat with Google. Google will win. This means that the Fire Stick, which I think predates the Google Chromecast, can no longer show YouTube videos directly (you have to go via a crappy "browser" interface). This means I very rarely use my Fire Stick now. The only thing I use it for is Amazon Prime videos, and the only decent thing on there was Man in the High Castle, which is/was brilliant.

We wouldn't bother with Amazon Prime if it weren't for the fact that my partner works at a university, so gets half price membership, which includes free next day delivery on anything you get from Amazon. So in that sense, the Prime membership is worth it for that, and the TV offerings are simply a bonus at no extra cost.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #14 | 2122784
    Fat, old hippy

JUL

Scrotnig
    Isnít the new Black Mirror already released?
    Yes and itís shite.

5. #15 | 2122785
    Fat, old hippy

JUL

When they see us, fucking awful, prepare to be horrified if you watch it.

6. #16 | 2122786
    Fat, old hippy

JUL

There is a load of Louis Theroux on Netflix, I quite enjoy that.

7. #17 | 2126796
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

Last thing I watched on Netflix was a film called Lion. Not my usual sci-fi, zombie, apocalyptic, alien invasion thing but a based on a true story, brought up in a rural Indian shitehole and you lot don't know when you're born thing. You should watch it.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

8. #18 | 2126805
    Fat, old hippy

AUG

Alice
    Last thing I watched on Netflix was a film called Lion. Not my usual sci-fi, zombie, apocalyptic, alien invasion thing but a based on a true story, brought up in a rural Indian shitehole and you lot don't know when you're born thing. You should watch it.
    I saw this when it was in the cinema, itís pretty good.

9. #19 | 2126807
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

I've been watching old (post-2005) Doctor Who's on Netflix. They are all on there.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency

10. #20 | 2126810
    Fat, old hippy

AUG

Scrotnig
    I've been watching old (post-2005) Doctor Who's on Netflix. They are all on there.
    Of course you have. Iíve been watching Greyís Anatomy on Prime, itís a load of old shit so donít bother. I kept hoping it would get better and now Iíve invested too many hours to not watch the rest. Absolute trash.

Thread Information