Drink driving? Blame it on Brexit!
Started by Scrotnig, 7th July 2019 18:07 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2122488
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Default Drink driving? Blame it on Brexit!

A Swedish woman caught drink driving has blamed it on the stress of Brexit because she's an EU citizen.

You couldn't make it up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ash-ditch.html

2. #2 | 2122491
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Default Re: Drink driving? Blame it on Brexit!

There is absolutely no excuse for drink driving. If you're driving, you don't drink, finito.

Having said that and the following in no way mitigates this woman's actions, I can understand the worries faced by EU citizens living in the UK (and, conversely, UK citizens living in EU countries). As long as we were members of the EU, it didn't matter; the citizens of EU states were allowed to live in any other EU member country.

Now that we are leaving the EU, these people no longer know where they stand.

I voted Remain, so don't blame me for the mess that is unfolding (on this, and other issues).

I will never forget meeting my cousin's German wife, the day after the EU referendum, who has lived in the UK many years and brought up two (now grown up) daughters here. She said that she no longer knew if she was welcome in this country.

3. #3 | 2122492
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Plutonium
    There is absolutely no excuse for drink driving. If you're driving, you don't drink, finito.

Having said that and the following in no way mitigates this woman's actions, I can understand the worries faced by EU citizens living in the UK (and, conversely, UK citizens living in EU countries). As long as we were members of the EU, it didn't matter; the citizens of EU states were allowed to live in any other EU member country.

Now that we are leaving the EU, these people no longer know where they stand.

I voted Remain, so don't blame me for the mess that is unfolding (on this, and other issues).

I will never forget meeting my cousin's German wife, the day after the EU referendum, who has lived in the UK many years and brought up two (now grown up) daughters here. She said that she no longer knew if she was welcome in this country.
    Funny how her "worries" caused her to get completely shitfaced and drive a car. It's not an acceptable offence and the excuse she used is a risible disgrace.

People who voted leave didn't cause this - people who drive cars while drunk cause it.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 2122589
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUL

Scrotnig
    Funny how her "worries" caused her to get completely shitfaced and drive a car. It's not an acceptable offence and the excuse she used is a risible disgrace.
    I've already said that.

Thread Information