Conversations with Nick Cave.
Started by Fork Me, 5th July 2019 07:56 in Music & Video

1. #1 | 2122293
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Default Conversations with Nick Cave.

For those that don't know, Nick Cave is an Australian singer, songwriter, author, actor and screenwriter. He started his career fronting The Birthday Party (an Australian band) but is probably better know for fronting Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, a London based band. He lived in Brighton for a good few years.

He's currently touring with a show called "Conversations with Nick Cave" where audience members can ask him whatever they want, interpsersed with him covereing a lot of his own songs with a piano. Often on request.

To his fans, he's probably best known for The Mercy Seat, a song that typifies his style:

but to the general public he's probably better known from doing a surprise duet with Kylie Minogue, a track that's probably largly responsible for moving her from her bubbly Stock Aiken Waterman comfort zone into becoming a more well rounded and diverse star. Nick Cave never liked to be predictable.

A friend of mine was at the Brighton show. This question got asked:

"Hi Nick, I live in your old flat in Hove, do you know where the stopcock is?"

Incidentally, since we've had a lot of cover version threads and Johnny Cash has come up a bit, it's worth noting that Johnny and Nick have both covered a track of each other. Nick Cave covered Johnny's The Sitter and Johnny covered The Mercy Seat.

They also duetted together to cover a Hank Williams track.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

2. #2 | 2122294
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Default Re: Conversations with Nick Cave.

Where is the stopcock?

3. #3 | 2122295
    BC Member
    England

JUL

Isn't he the guy who sings the title track to peaky blinders? Red right hand...

4. #4 | 2122299
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Roco
    Isn't he the guy who sings the title track to peaky blinders? Red right hand...
    Yes, yes he is.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

Liked by: Roco

5. #5 | 2122300
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUL

Lord Ponsonby
    Where is the stopcock?
    You had to be there to find that out.

6. #6 | 2122302
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUL

Fork Me
    You had to be there to find that out.
    It is probably under the kitchen sink,the same place as the stopcocks of all the other celebrities you mingle with whom nobody has ever heard of.

7. #7 | 2122307
    Fluffed out
    England

JUL

His son died tragically in Brighton aged 15, when he fell off a cliff.

Thread Information