Microwave Attacks
Started by Bill. MC, 27th June 2019 20:27 in Science & Astronomy

1. #1 | 2121818
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Microwave Attacks

Microwaves are a form of electromagnetic which are used for wireless networks, satellite communications, cellphones and cooking food.
    Another usage is that of a weapon.

In 2012 Russia’s Defense Minister announced that direct-energy and wave-energy weapons were “part of the state arms procurement program for 2011-2020”. The U.S. military have themselves been working on direct energy weapons — such as microwaves.

The ‘Frey effect’ was discovered by Dr. Allan Frey in 1961. This effect could have been responsible for a certain incident in Cuba. The following link will give details of it:
    https://www.livescience.com/63491-mi...sy-attack.html

The Frey effect (also known as the microwave auditory effect) would explain why the diplomats all reported hearing strange noises at the time of the attacks. Allan Frey describes the effect as being due to our brains interpreting microwaves as sounds.

Though no actual sound waves are present, microwaves hitting the head around the temporal lobe are perceived as sounds — a kind of auditory illusion. This could explain why some diplomats reported covering their ears yet experiencing no reduction in sound volume.

A leading researcher into the Frey effect, Dr. James C. Lin, has produced a scientific paper exploring the validity of microwave weapons in the Cuba attacks. Lin concluded that symptoms reported, including nausea, dizziness, and damage to brain tissue, could also be plausibly attributed to high-intensity microwave beams.

2. #2 | 2121819
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Re: Microwave Attacks

Oh look the 1970s psychedellic rock band - Hawkwind even had a track on their 'Space Ritual' album warning us of microwave 'sonic attacks'.

3. #3 | 2121820
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

JUN

If you like Hawkwind then you might like to listen to their 1981 Sonic Attack 2010 remaster:

4. #4 | 2121835
    The common sense poster

JUN

Microwaves are cute
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

5. #5 | 2122101
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

JUL

I Hate Microwave Attacks!

The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.
    Liked by: Bill. MC

Thread Information