People you know in real life on TOTP...
Started by Fork Me, 22nd June 2019 12:22 in Music & Video

1. #1 | 2121427
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default People you know in real life on TOTP...

...or other TV shows playing music. I'm not counting people I only met because I put them on after they were well known. That would make this list too long. I hosted a lot of after show parties, put giigs on myself, ran shows for other promoters and worked as crew on occasions.

These Animal Men. I knew all of them, went to school with Patrick (bass), the only one I'm still in regular contact with is Boag, the singer. I usually meet up with him for a few jars when I'm home in the summer.

Captain Sensible. The only person I know in real life that had a number 1 single. Even if it was shit. Also played in The Damned earlier (and later!) in his career.

Boring Bob Grover, lead singer of The Piranhas. Got to number 6 with this.

S*M*A*S*H, the only band on this list not from Brighton. Their manager DJd in the same club as me. (I did Friday he did Saturday). Got to know the band well at the time. Don't know any of them now, although I'm still in contact with the manager.

Tampasm. Charlotte (singer) and Kat (drums) were regulars at my club nights before they formed the band. They never made TOTP, but here they are on Channel 4's The Girlie Show.

Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: Joe 90

2. #2 | 2121428
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Default Re: People you know in real life on TOTP...

I forgot for a moment that this mob made TOTP. I met Max Splodge (singer) a few times in the 90s.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

3. #3 | 2121429
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Pushing it a bit now, I met The Kaye Sisters once, but I don't remember, I was a small child at the time. My Father was still known in entertainment circles in Brighton at the time and we went to see The Kaye Sisters, Ted Rogers and Joe Brown in the theatre on the pier and went backstage and met everyone.

4. #4 | 2121433
    The common sense poster

JUN

I knew Percy Shelley
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

5. #5 | 2121459
    BC Member
    Ireland

JUN

Nice Fred
    I knew Percy Shelley
    So that's why he drowned himself!
    Liked by: Nice Fred, sphinx

6. #6 | 2121461
    The common sense poster

JUN

Luna
    So that's why he drowned himself!
    People often want to top themselves after they've met me, or at least that's what I tell the cops when they discover the bodies.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.
    Liked by: sphinx

Thread Information