Dominic Raab
Started by Scrotnig, 18th June 2019 20:51 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2121106
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Default Dominic Raab

I liked him in terms of being the most leader-like but it's obvious that he despises ordinary people and in particular workers, and would prefer all their wages to go into the pockets of shareholders. So I am glad he is out of it.

Unfortunately none of the others come across like proper leaders though.
    Three button t-shirt it's a tie-dye

2. #2 | 2121108
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Re: Dominic Raab

Scrotnig
    I liked him in terms of being the most leader-like but it's obvious that he despises ordinary people and in particular workers, and would prefer all their wages to go into the pockets of shareholders. So I am glad he is out of it.

It's gratifying you listened to your BC Union rep.

3. #3 | 2121110
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Reg Perrin
    It's gratifying you listened to your BC Union rep.
    I was already aware of his stance.

Frankly do you think ANY of the candidates hold substantially different views on employment rights to Raab? Raab is just bold enough to express it in public, though even he hasn't recently.

Even Theresa May said that paid annual leave should be 'left to market forces'. Yes, which means none at all!
    Three button t-shirt it's a tie-dye

4. #4 | 2121111
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Scrotnig
    I was already aware of his stance.

Frankly do you think ANY of the candidates hold substantially different views on employment rights to Raab? Raab is just bold enough to express it in public, though even he hasn't recently.

Even Theresa May said that paid annual leave should be 'left to market forces'. Yes, which means none at all!
    Yes it's surprising you voted them in isn't it.

5. #5 | 2121114
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Scrotnig

I'm quite impressed by Rory Stewart, who has come out fighting, making clear to BoJo that he will have a fight on his hands if the latter tries to prorogue Parliament. It's no surprise that he nearly doubled his number of votes in the second round. I'd like to see him get through to the vote of party members (though sadly, BoJo the Bozo will still win that).

It's a measure of how much the men in grey suits are worried about him, that these allegations about Stewart being a former MI6 spook have suddenly come out of the woodwork.

6. #6 | 2121118
    Fluffed out
    England

JUN

Plutonium
    I'm quite impressed by Rory Stewart, who has come out fighting, making clear to BoJo that he will have a fight on his hands if the latter tries to prorogue Parliament. It's no surprise that he nearly doubled his number of votes in the second round. I'd like to see him get through to the vote of party members (though sadly, BoJo the Bozo will still win that).

It's a measure of how much the men in grey suits are worried about him, that these allegations about Stewart being a former MI6 spook have suddenly come out of the woodwork.
    He's a diplomat, and he walked across Afghanistan - he does have character. He also looks like Mick Jagger.

7. #7 | 2121123
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Chris Mitchell
    He's a diplomat, and he walked across Afghanistan - he does have character. He also looks like Mick Jagger.
    The next one will be a massive improvement on the previous one she was like a snotty, squabbling schoolgirl.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

8. #8 | 2121134
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Plutonium

Sorry, you can't use the word prorogue, ponsonby doesn't understand it.
    Liked by: Fork Me

9. #9 | 2121151
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Scrotnig

Neighbour of mine thinks that if our former MP, tory Karl McCartney, had not been defeated at the last general election he would be a good shout for leader.
    However, I received through my door this morning a "survey" from Mr McCartney about whether people's views on Brexit have changed since the referendum. On the card he boasts of being a brexiteer for thirty years and proudly proclaims that he voted to Leave the EU on the 22nd of June 2016.

May be a bit unfair to expect the tories to deliver on the referendum when they're not yet up to speed on the basics, like when it happened.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

10. #10 | 2121197
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Rory Stewart has been eliminated from the Tory leadership contest in the latest round of voting. However I think he's someone we'll be hearing a lot more about in the coming months. I reckon his own analysis of the result is prescient:

He said his warnings about a no-deal Brexit "probably proved to be truths people weren't quite ready to hear".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48696619

Thread Information