BoJo the No-Show
Started by Plutonium, 17th June 2019 20:40 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2121011
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Default BoJo the No-Show

It hardly encourages confidence in the man who is supposedly the front runner to be our next Prime Minister, that he copped out of a debate with the other remaining contenders for the job.

If he's too scared to face up to five relatively friendly fellow members of his own party, how is he going to face up to a hostile EU?

How is he going to win back voters from Nigel Farage - a man who has never been scared to stand up and express his view, whenever given the chance to do so?

Look at the picture and come to your own conclusions. NB I used the colour yellow not just for contrast but, well make an educated guess.

tory_leadership.JPG

Lord help this once great country, lions led by asses.

2. #2 | 2121022
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Re: BoJo the No-Show

Apparently Johnson has got it sewn up with farage that conservatives won't contest Brexit candidates in a snap election following his election as pm. The thinking being they'd govern as a coalition. Seems a feasible proposition. Needs to be stopped.

3. #3 | 2121033
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

You two don't know what you're talking about.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 2121037
    Mad as a spoon

JUN

Nice to see you've realsied the EU is hostile to the UK, thus admitting England's great escape is the right path.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2121042
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

I'm against Farage winning seats in parliament. I wasn't when he was UKIP leader, because UKIP had a proper manifesto that covered more than just 'we need to leave the EU'. The Brexit Party does not have a manifesto, it is just a protest party. It cannot govern, even in a coalition, as it has no policies.
    Three button t-shirt it's a tie-dye

6. #6 | 2121049
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Nice Fred
    Nice to see you've realsied the EU is hostile to the UK, thus admitting England's great escape is the right path.
    No, the EU is not necessarily hostile to the UK, but they are pretty exasperated at the dog's breakfast that UK politicians have made of Brexit, voting down the deal that was negotiated but then saying no to everything else. And if you get somebody like Johnson saying he will refuse to pay the 39 billion exit bill, then you would expect them to become hostile.

7. #7 | 2121050
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Scrotnig
    I'm against Farage winning seats in parliament. I wasn't when he was UKIP leader, because UKIP had a proper manifesto that covered more than just 'we need to leave the EU'. The Brexit Party does not have a manifesto, it is just a protest party. It cannot govern, even in a coalition, as it has no policies.
    What are Boris Johnson's policies? Pity he didn't turn up to the TV debate to tell anyone.

Anyway it is interesting how a thread about Boris Johnson has morphed into one about Farage. He seems to be the puppet master here.

8. #8 | 2121054
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUN

The eu is hostile... The eu isn't hostile.

Haw haw haw!

What a tit.

9. #9 | 2121082
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Scrotnig
    Don't worry, it's not going to happen. Mr Farage claims that several of those involved in the tory feeding frenzy leadership race have approached him offering a pact and he's having none of it. His party stormed the pseudoParliament election for obvious reasons but I seriously doubt they can present more than a minor annoyance to the big two at home and they might not even beat the Lib Dims. I doubt they've got enough viable candidates to meaningfully influence a coalition anyway.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

10. #10 | 2121113
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

JUN

Reg Perrin
    Apparently Johnson has got it sewn up with farage that conservatives won't contest Brexit candidates in a snap election following his election as pm. The thinking being they'd govern as a coalition. Seems a feasible proposition. Needs to be stopped.
    The Express led with a front page headline today, that Farage isn't having any of it. He is not entertaining the idea of a pact with the Tories.

"I don't trust the Tories to deliver Brexit", he said.

Fair comment ... I wouldn't trust Boris Johnson to deliver a pizza.

Thread Information