Looks like it値l be BoJo then
Started by Scrotnig, 13th June 2019 13:55 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2120575
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Default Looks like it値l be BoJo then

Not my choice but then none of them are.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: misty15

2. #2 | 2120584
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Default Re: Looks like it値l be BoJo then

Scrotnig
    He is mine, Gove has much to answer for by spiking him earlier to let May in, those opposing him now are all creeps.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #3 | 2120590
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

He's not any of our choices because we're not eligible to participate in his selection.

As I believe I said when Cameron turned tail, if a PM deserts his/her post there should be an immediate General Election. It is not right that the PM should be in effect a private appointment by the few people who are eligible to select the party leader. I also think anyone who asks to be placed in high office and then runs away without seeing it through when the going gets tough should be permanently barred from holding any kind of public office in the future.

Constitutional point of order: There is no requirement that the Prime Minister be a member of the majority party, nor even that the PM be a member of Parliament. It is technically a Royal appointment. It is only a convention, not a law, that the Queen invites the leader of the party that wins the general election to form and head the government. Speaking hypothetically, if a general election were required when a PM does a runner, the Queen could appoint anyone she chooses in the interim. She wouldn't appoint a permanent one for obvious reasons, but she might consider appointing a temporary PM pending the outcome of a General Election, and much as I despise the current one it wouldn't be a bad idea to ask the Leader of the Opposition to step in for a while. That way the governing party would have to hurry up and choose a leader so they could concentrate on trying to win the election.

To anyone who's not an eligible member of the governing party, the situation of having yet another unelected PM is clearly unsatisfactory, and somewhat embarrassing to a country that practically invented modern democracy.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: LadyLush

4. #4 | 2120722
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

I agree with Mem, and before I get accused of party politics I thought the same when Brown took over from Blair. There should be an election.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

5. #5 | 2120730
    Sorting out spastics

JUN

Fork Me
    I agree with Mem, and before I get accused of party politics I thought the same when Brown took over from Blair. There should be an election.
    I agree, it's always best to have a vote and then honour the result.

Which makes me wonder why, after having a vote in 2016, you and your treacherous remainer cohorts are advocating NOT honouring it.

6. #6 | 2120737
    The common sense poster

JUN

The hero Boris will sort out the traitors but it may take a few spankings before they realise he isn't another moronic May.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

7. #7 | 2120744
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

JUN

Equinox
    I agree, it's always best to have a vote and then honour the result.

Which makes me wonder why, after having a vote in 2016, you and your treacherous remainer cohorts are advocating NOT honouring it.
    It is all because of some writing on the side of a bus apparently.

8. #8 | 2120757
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Lord Ponsonby
    It is all because of some writing on the side of a bus apparently.
    The EU and their remainers.. (who profit from the from the EU) don't like it. you see!
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

9. #9 | 2120789
    BC Member
    Scotland

JUN

Scrotnig
    Shudder.....

When is the next general election?

What I am keeping my fingers crossed is a for a staunchly pro Brexit PM, who gets us out the EU before Nigel Farage can nick all their MP's parliamentary seats......

.....and then for the UK to vote in Jeremy Corbyn in the next general election, before all the Tory free market fundamentalists can auction off what is left of the NHS to whoever offers them the biggest back room bribes and agrees to change UK standards to allow GMOs and chlorinated chicken on our supermarket shelves.

I definitely hear the fears raised by Remainers, that a Tory government free from EU constraints would open up the UK to even greater wholesale plunder and pillage than there already has been (all whilst under the EU funnily enough), but the way I see it, is that staying in the EU is staying put on the conveyer belt to totalitarianism and complete subjugation of civil liberties......and the fact that there has been so much political pressure against Brexit and for a 2nd referendum should be stark warning of that.

......keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of political whipsawing over the next few years.

10. #10 | 2120792
    Gaye

JUN

Well I have carefully considered all the remaining candidates and disappointingly I don't fancy any of them. I mean, down a back alley (or perhaps THEIR back alley) I'd never refuse, but none of them are really my type.

Mwah.
    oooh nice boy

Thread Information