Are music videos still bonkers?
Started by Memnoch, 12th June 2019 10:32 in Music & Video

1. #1 | 2120390
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Default Are music videos still bonkers?

Just flicking through the channels and caught that monument to randomness, the Total Eclipse Of The Heart video. Take a song with no meaning and play it through a film that somehow manages to have even less meaning than none.

Now, I realise that everything about the 80s was a reaction to embarrassment about the 70s, I just wondered: I don't watch music tv any more so I don't know if vids are still as ridiculous, although I did catch another fairly old one of James Blunt doing an inexplicable striptease at the beach. Do they make sense these days or are they still completely loopy, and has there been anything as disturbing as the Tainted Love video since?
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

2. #2 | 2120391
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Default Re: Are music videos still bonkers?

Memnoch
    Just flicking through the channels and caught that monument to randomness, the Total Eclipse Of The Heart video. Take a song with no meaning and play it through a film that somehow manages to have even less meaning than none.

Now, I realise that everything about the 80s was a reaction to embarrassment about the 70s, I just wondered: I don't watch music tv any more so I don't know if vids are still as ridiculous, although I did catch another fairly old one of James Blunt doing an inexplicable striptease at the beach. Do they make sense these days or are they still completely loopy, and has there been anything as disturbing as the Tainted Love video since?
    Not sure if I am on the same 'track' as you but. never mind. I never get tired of playing James Last music. I see it as full throated and stirring, talented musicians and Last's clever arrangements. As for watching TV, I hardly switch it on these days.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

3. #3 | 2120400
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUN

Memnoch
    Total Eclipse Of The Heart video. Take a song with no meaning and play it through a film that somehow manages to have even less meaning than none.
    This version might be better:

Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: Memnoch

4. #4 | 2120422
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Dordie
    Not sure if I am on the same 'track' as you but. never mind. I never get tired of playing James Last music. I see it as full throated and stirring, talented musicians and Last's clever arrangements. As for watching TV, I hardly switch it on these days.
    Scuse me? Talented musicians? Have you heard the piano player on Elizabethan Serenade? I swear that's a cat trying to find a comfortable spot on the keyboard.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

5. #5 | 2120423
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Scrotnig
    This version might be better:
    The problem with those literal videos is that they peaked too early. The first one they did is still the best.

Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: Memnoch, superwoman

6. #6 | 2120424
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

"I told you to stay away from my magic frame!"

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

7. #7 | 2120434
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

That Aha video is another great example... absolutely nothing to do with the song, but it made all the difference because the original video was just the band playing and it tanked, then they made a new video, redid the vocals a tiny bit and it was hit.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

8. #8 | 2120494
    BC Member
    Cyprus

JUN

Memnoch
    That Aha video is another great example... absolutely nothing to do with the song, but it made all the difference because the original video was just the band playing and it tanked, then they made a new video, redid the vocals a tiny bit and it was hit.
    I'm gonna pipewrench you good...

Thread Information