Face it now
Started by Skull, 7th June 2019 23:23 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2119867
    We will not leave

JUN

Default Face it now

We're not leaving.

The clock is ticking away...tick, tock, tick, tock.

Second referendum is on its way, a remain vote is now certain.

All the ignoramus leavers and kippers will have to get over it. See how THEY like it.

Ha.

Simon

2. #2 | 2119886
    The common sense poster

JUN

Default Re: Face it now

It is said a week is a long time in politics, but I've never heard of minus 24 hours being the same.
    Labour fumbled the ball, as did the tories, and the lib dems got some protest votes.
    The winner was Brexit by a mile.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

3. #3 | 2122642
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Mmmmm Things are on the move. The Fat Lady has once again been sent to her dressing room. Amidst all your Rightard euphoria regarding Johnson etc, you Rightards are kind of missing the point. Brexit is back at the forefront of the agenda and Labour have just seized the initiative. Oh....I know you'll all Pooh Pooh the idea, but deep down you know I'm right.

4. #4 | 2122643
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Reg Perrin
    Mmmmm Things are on the move. The Fat Lady has once again been sent to her dressing room. Amidst all your Rightard euphoria regarding Johnson etc, you Rightards are kind of missing the point. Brexit is back at the forefront of the agenda and Labour have just seized the initiative. Oh....I know you'll all Pooh Pooh the idea, but deep down you know I'm right.
    Labour aren't in power, in case you forgot. They can say anything they like.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2122646
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    Labour aren't in power, in case you forgot. They can say anything they like.
    However, for months Labour and Corbyn have seemed to be in paralysis and therefore ineffective in providing any opposition. I never saw it quite like that as I always had the feeling Corbyn was playing the long game and simply complying (albeit in a frustrating way) with the decisions made at the Party Conference. McCluskys opposition to a referendum or a remain stance further added to that sense of passivity. However, it is now apparent that it was all a strategy to let the Tory's fuck each other until the time was right. All this misplaced excitement about a new leader is exactly that, totally misplaced. Johnson will be a disaster and Labour have now got all their ducks lined up.

6. #6 | 2122647
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Reg Perrin
    However, for months Labour and Corbyn have seemed to be in paralysis and therefore ineffective in providing any opposition. I never saw it quite like that as I always had the feeling Corbyn was playing the long game and simply complying (albeit in a frustrating way) with the decisions made at the Party Conference. McCluskys opposition to a referendum or a remain stance further added to that sense of passivity. However, it is now apparent that it was all a strategy to let the Tory's fuck each other until the time was right. All this misplaced excitement about a new leader is exactly that, totally misplaced. Johnson will be a disaster and Labour have now got all their ducks lined up.
    All he's done is said that if Tories hold a second referendum he will campaign to remain.

Well, they aren't going to hold one!

What Labour should have said is that if elected in a general election THEY will hold a second referendum. He hasn't said that.

Which all means, we will eventually leave, whether lefties like it or not.

7. #7 | 2122654
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    All he's done is said that if Tories hold a second referendum he will campaign to remain.

Well, they aren't going to hold one!

What Labour should have said is that if elected in a general election THEY will hold a second referendum. He hasn't said that.

Which all means, we will eventually leave, whether lefties like it or not.
    We'll see.

8. #8 | 2122655
    BC Member
    BC Team

JUL

Smart move by Mr Corbyn. At the next general election, this will win him more votes among the metropolitan elites and may even help him gain a few more seats in London.

Of course, it will lose him millions of voters and dozens of seats in Labour's traditional 'northern heartlands' but I guess he has a plan to deal with that.

9. #9 | 2122658
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

JUL

Scrotnig
    Smart move by Mr Corbyn. At the next general election, this will win him more votes among the metropolitan elites and may even help him gain a few more seats in London.

Of course, it will lose him millions of voters and dozens of seats in Labour's traditional 'northern heartlands' but I guess he has a plan to deal with that.
    That's overplayed.

10. #10 | 2122661
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

JUL

Nice Fred
    It is said a week is a long time in politics, but I've never heard of minus 24 hours being the same.
    Labour fumbled the ball, as did the tories, and the lib dems got some protest votes.
    The winner was Brexit by a mile.
    If you're talking about the EU elections, pro-Remain parties got around 40% of the vote compared to the pro-Brexit parties' 35%. Please explain to me how 35% beats 40%.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

Thread Information