Started by parsonstreet, 7th June 2019 18:12 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2119788
    here
    Wales

JUN

Default Anorexia

This will probably be controversial.

Anyway, should anorexics be force fed?
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

2. #2 | 2119792
    Just an allusion
    England

JUN

Default Re: Anorexia

parsonstreet
    This will probably be controversial.

Anyway, should anorexics be force fed?
    I don't think they should be allowed to die. They need help, intervention, counselling, whatever. Although force feeding sounds like something you would do to a calf.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Luna, parsonstreet

3. #3 | 2119794
    here
    Wales

JUN

I think it is problematic to allow someone to slowly and agonizingly kill themselves and if they don't die irreversibly damage their body.

And when I have seen documentaries on this I find the current treatments troubling because it just seems to allow sufferers more negative attention and allows them to obsess even more about the minutiae of their diet.

They are gently trying to coax, usually a girl into eating a bowl of soup when I feel like jumping into the screen and shoving a bag of fish and chips down their throat.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

4. #4 | 2119795
    Just an allusion
    England

JUN

I've seen images of young people with anorexia who think they are ugly and fat. They're not, nor never have been, but they don't know that. They believe the media hype that you can be a size zero or less and still look amazing instead of looking like a living skeleton.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

5. #5 | 2119811
    Hammond and May out
    England

JUN

Thanks.......the cheerful Parson.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

6. #6 | 2119829
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

Alice
    I don't think they should be allowed to die. They need help, intervention, counselling, whatever.
    Quite. Anorexics aren't trying to kill themselves. Parson is clearly trying to equate them with people on hunger strike. Not remotely similar.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: Luna

Thread Information