Tomorrow Remainers get the truth shoved in their faces
Started by Equinox, 22nd May 2019 21:49 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2117227
    Sorting out spastics

MAY

Default Tomorrow Remainers get the truth shoved in their faces

The whine of the Remainer has reached its 3 year climax, spewing their bile knowing full well there's going to be an absolute bloodbath tomorrow as those opposing democracy will be forced to get the message they've been trying to ignore for 3 years once and for all.

Delicious.

2. #2 | 2117243
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Re: Tomorrow Remainers get the truth shoved in their faces

Equinox
    The whine of the Remainer has reached its 3 year climax, spewing their bile knowing full well there's going to be an absolute bloodbath tomorrow as those opposing democracy will be forced to get the message they've been trying to ignore for 3 years once and for all.

Delicious.

They already know what the message is and they don't care. Regardless of which, what difference do you think who we send to Brussels now can possibly make? MEPs are not involved in the Brexit process in any way AFAICT. Just because they call it a parliament doesn't mean it bears any actual resemblance to what we call a parliament. It's just an expensive debating club.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: bill jarvis

3. #3 | 2117248
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Still waiting for the Fat Lady eh? She's already missed one curtain call. The crowd are getting restless and some have stormed out. Never mind, the empresario is going to quit, there'll be a full refund and we can all watch another show.

4. #4 | 2117249
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

Memnoch
    They already know what the message is and they don't care. Regardless of which, what difference do you think who we send to Brussels now can possibly make? MEPs are not involved in the Brexit process in any way AFAICT. Just because they call it a parliament doesn't mean it bears any actual resemblance to what we call a parliament. It's just an expensive debating club.
    This is what I’ve been saying, I think Farage will win based on the misleading idea that he will have some say in Brexit. People are very silly.
    Liked by: Plutonium

5. #5 | 2117250
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

LadyLush
    This is what I’ve been saying, I think Farage will win based on the misleading idea that he will have some say in Brexit. People are very silly.
    There is a possibility however that far right candidates get elected all over Europe. The National Governments trump any major stuff that comes from Brussels so it might make the EU impotent. It will however put pressure on National Governments Marie Le Pen is describing it as a referendum on Macron and calling for him to resign if the far Right win lots of seats in France.

This is a bit peculiar however, especially where Chickenshits concerned, isn't he always calling the EU the new Reich? Isn't he always saying we need to regain our sovereignty from unelected officials in Brussels, dictating how we live? All of a sudden it's a powerless "debating club"....what a fuckin hypocrite....him and the rest of the Leavers....well....hypocrites or thicko's, one of the two...sorry, perhaps both.

6. #6 | 2117254
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

LadyLush
    When I asked the Brexit party whether the so-called parliament had any actual power or just existed to rubber-stamp the dictats sent down from the councils and commissions, they responded with "Thank you for your support".
    So I maintain my previously stated position that none of the EU's actual power rests with anyone who has been elected by ordinary people, only with the self-appointed elite who you can't replace and whose names most people don't even know. The "Parliament" is nothing but a smoke screen for a de facto dictatorship.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

7. #7 | 2117259
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

LadyLush
    No.

Brexit Party are a statement.

I bet if there was a General Election, a lot of MPs in a lot of seats, especially pro Remain MPs sitting in LEAVE constituencies, would be very nervous right now. Labour voters aint ever gonna vote Tory and vice versa...both can vote for Brexit Party however.
    Liked by: bill jarvis, sphinx

8. #8 | 2117260
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    This is a bit peculiar however, especially where Chickenshits concerned, isn't he always calling the EU the new Reich? Isn't he always saying we need to regain our sovereignty from unelected officials in Brussels, dictating how we live? All of a sudden it's a powerless "debating club"....what a fuckin hypocrite....him and the rest of the Leavers....well....hypocrites or thicko's, one of the two...sorry, perhaps both.
    What is the word the describes the intentional conflating and misinterpretation of a statement.

Is it 'bullshit talking bastard'?

Whatever.

As you will know Reg, Whilst the EU parliament itself might be a glorified debating club, the EU commission that tells the MEPs what to agree on, is not.

9. #9 | 2117262
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

LadyLush
    I doubt anyone will vote for Farage thinking he can directly influence Brexit.

People like me will vote for him to send a clear signal to this government: we voted to leave, three years later we haven't left. It is going to be a stark reminder to those treacherous remainers in government who thought if they dragged it out long enough everyone would forget about it.

These days I don't actually even care much if we leave or not, what I *do* care about is the UK government thinking it can ignore democracy when it doesn't suit them. No. No. No.

10. #10 | 2117263
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

After all, if we let this slide, what next?

General election results are not actually constitutionally binding. How about there's a general election tomorrow, Labour win, but the Tories say "we are absolutely committed to handing over power to the Labour Party, but first we have to negotiate a proper power withdrawal agreement". And then three years later the Tories are still in power.

It is a small step from what's happening now, to what I suggested above, and it MUST be resisted.
    Liked by: BobBobson, sphinx

Thread Information