Is this Fake News?
Started by Bill. MC, 18th May 2019 18:35 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2116546
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Is this Fake News?

Dr Keith Wolverson, aged fifty-two is facing being fired after he asked a Muslim woman to remove her veil during an appointment as he could not hear what she was saying when trying to explain what was wrong with her child.

Doctor Wolverson, a medic for twenty-three years said he asked the lady to remove her facial coverings in the hospital consulting room, Dr Wolverson claimed the mother of the child took no exception when asked to remove her niqab so she could be heard better, however half an hour later, after her husband arrived, the woman complained to bosses at the Royal Stoke University Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/briti...h8PRZf0f61m_NE

Well I hope it is.

Yet on the other hand if it is true, then Doctor Wolverson should be re-instated and the arseholes who were presonsible for sacking him should themselves be sacked.
    Liked by: Luna, misty15, Plutonium, sphinx

2. #2 | 2116551
    here
    Wales

MAY

Default Re: Is this Fake News?

It is appalling. The woman is an idiot and a c%&*
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..
    Liked by: Bill. MC, sphinx

3. #3 | 2116552
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Looks like it is real:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...-niqab-2882267

Being reported on various news outlets including Stoke local news.

Absolute fucking madness.....who is making these decisions and who is putting them into positions of power and responsibility?
    Liked by: Bill. MC, sphinx

4. #4 | 2116558
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

MAY

BobBobson
    Looks like it is real:

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news...-niqab-2882267

Being reported on various news outlets including Stoke local news.

Absolute fucking madness.....who is making these decisions and who is putting them into positions of power and responsibility?
    IMO we should all write to our respective MPs demanding that Doctor Wolverson should be re-instated and the arseholes who were responsible for sacking him should themselves be sacked.
    Liked by: Luna, misty15, Plutonium, sphinx

5. #5 | 2116563
    The Forum Idiot
    United Kingdom

MAY

The link for writing to your MP.

I doubt if stupid/arsehole lefties will bother writing to their MPS about it. They are more likely to see some justification for Dr Wolverson being sacked.
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2116566
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

Bill. MC
    I doubt if stupid/arsehole lefties will bother writing to their MPS about it. They are more likely to see some justification for Dr Wolverson being sacked.
    Exactly. Their bitterness is based on spite.
    REES-MOGG for PM

7. #7 | 2116569
    here
    Wales

MAY

I think not wearing a veil should be one of the preconditions for using the NHS.

Muslim countries often have to export millions of foreigners because you cannot run a country on a strict interpretation of Islam.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..
    Liked by: misty15, Plutonium

8. #8 | 2116745
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAY

Bill. MC
    Dr Keith Wolverson, aged fifty-two is facing being fired after he asked a Muslim woman to remove her veil during an appointment as he could not hear what she was saying when trying to explain what was wrong with her child.

Doctor Wolverson, a medic for twenty-three years said he asked the lady to remove her facial coverings in the hospital consulting room, Dr Wolverson claimed the mother of the child took no exception when asked to remove her niqab so she could be heard better, however half an hour later, after her husband arrived, the woman complained to bosses at the Royal Stoke University Hospital in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs.

https://unitynewsnetwork.co.uk/briti...h8PRZf0f61m_NE

Well I hope it is.

Yet on the other hand if it is true, then Doctor Wolverson should be re-instated and the arseholes who were presonsible for sacking him should themselves be sacked.
    Personally I think the niqab/burka should be banned in Britain. If Dr Wolverston is sacked it will be an absolute travesty. It's time we stopped trying to appease fundamentalist Muslims.

It is also significant that the lady in question had no objection to removing her niqab, it is her husband who is driving this, which confirms my suspicion that Muslim women wear facial coverings, not because they want to, but because their husbands force them to.

9. #9 | 2116752
    The second referendum just
    happened - Escape won big
    style

MAY

Something odd here. All the stories mention the doctor, his name, and the bit about him asking the woman to remove her face coverings, but none ask what such a woman was doing alone in a room with a man.
    Women who wear that rather silly kit are not allowed to be alone with a man except their husband, brother, son, or other family member they are not eligible to marry.

Why do I smell a set up and a demand for cash?
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

10. #10 | 2116756
    Tinselshit

MAY

Nice Fred
    Why do I smell...
    Because you’re a fat, sweaty little oik.

Thread Information