Where would you rather live?
Started by Memnoch, 18th May 2019 13:05 in Talk & Chat

1. #11 | 2116565
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

Default Re: Where would you rather live?

parsonstreet
    One of my cousins owns a mansion in Ghana.
    We all have cousins who own mansions.
    REES-MOGG for PM

2. #12 | 2116571
    here
    Wales

MAY

sphinx
    I am sure you do.

Your majesty.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #13 | 2116577
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

parsonstreet
    I am sure you do.

Your majesty.

We all have friends who have friends by a river
    We too have friends who have friends of their own
    All seated round drinkin' port after dinner
    Port that is bought by the friends for their own
    REES-MOGG for PM

4. #14 | 2116763
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

sphinx
    For some reason I read that as mushrooms.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

5. #15 | 2116780
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

Memnoch
    For some reason I read that as mushrooms.
    Perhaps a visit to Specsavers would be a good idea?
    REES-MOGG for PM
    Liked by: parsonstreet

6. #16 | 2116787
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

BobBobson
    Land energies come from a supposed grid or network that exists across the entire Earth. The idea of land energies is the idea of 'leylines'. There are meant to be varying grades of leylines a bit like there are varying grades of public highway ranging from Motorway to country track that criss cross the entire planet.

.......I buy into this idea somewhat, but I can't vouch first hand that this is the case.

I can however vouch first hand that land energies exist and that special places of particularly intense energetic power exist.

Think of land energies as a very low level electromagnetic fields that for whatever reason are generated at a certain area of land much in the same way that human beings generate weak electromagnetic fields around our bodies. Now consider that the nature of an electromagnetic field generated around a human, depends a lot on the person. Is he agitated or serene? Euphoric or depressed? If you buy into the idea this far, do you also believe that simply being around people generating a certain energetic field which reflects who or what they are at any given point in time, could in turn influence your own energetic field, and thus influence your mood?

If you can buy into all this, then it is logical leap that areas of land can generate their own distinct energetic fields, which have their own individual natures, which in turn affect the energetic fields off any other electronmagnetic field generating creature that wanders into the area.

This is what all the sacred sites from the pre-Christian era are based on......holy wells, faerie hills, enchanted forests, etc.....all land energy based phenomena.
    Are these lines affected by WiFi and consumption of alpaca juice?
    Liked by: Scrotnig

7. #17 | 2116791
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

BobBobson
    Ok.

I would rather live in a small cottage next to Callanish standing stones rather than in a mansion overlooking Grimsby docks.

I think land energies are one of the single biggest influences affecting day to day living all while the vast majority of humanity are complete ignorance of their existence..........and I know for sure that you (Memnoch) will scoff and deride this idea, which is exactly why I am stating it.
    Same.

8. #18 | 2116796
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    Are these lines affected by WiFi and consumption of alpaca juice?
    Actually no.

Think of pulsed microwave radiation to land energies as 'white noise' is across a TV broadcast back in the day of analogue signals. The TV show remains the same regardless of the noise...too much noise though, and it may become a real pain in the arse for the TV watcher to follow the show.
    Liked by: LadyLush

9. #19 | 2116812
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

sphinx
    Perhaps a visit to Specsavers would be a good idea?
    Last time I went there they tried to sell me a new pair of glasses when what I actually needed was surgery. Three years later they still have the nerve to send me reminders that I need to go for a sight test, like I would ever go back there.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

10. #20 | 2120236
    Independent
    United Kingdom

JUN

BobBobson
    I know for sure that you (Memnoch) will scoff and deride this idea,
    BobBobson
    Land energies come from a supposed grid or network that exists across the entire Earth. The idea of land energies is the idea of 'leylines'. There are meant to be varying grades of leylines a bit like there are varying grades of public highway ranging from Motorway to country track that criss cross the entire planet.

.......I buy into this idea somewhat, but I can't vouch first hand that this is the case.

I can however vouch first hand that land energies exist and that special places of particularly intense energetic power exist.

Think of land energies as a very low level electromagnetic fields that for whatever reason are generated at a certain area of land much in the same way that human beings generate weak electromagnetic fields around our bodies. Now consider that the nature of an electromagnetic field generated around a human, depends a lot on the person. Is he agitated or serene? Euphoric or depressed? If you buy into the idea this far, do you also believe that simply being around people generating a certain energetic field which reflects who or what they are at any given point in time, could in turn influence your own energetic field, and thus influence your mood?

If you can buy into all this, then it is logical leap that areas of land can generate their own distinct energetic fields, which have their own individual natures, which in turn affect the energetic fields off any other electronmagnetic field generating creature that wanders into the area.

This is what all the sacred sites from the pre-Christian era are based on......holy wells, faerie hills, enchanted forests, etc.....all land energy based phenomena.
    Apologies Bob, I forgot to scoff and deride. I shall now make amends.

Electromagnetic fields have a singular advantage over magic in that they are known to exist, are precisely consistent with theory, and are easy to measure. That being the case, if these 'land energies' of which you speak were electromagnetic in nature their effects would be entirely predictable and unmysterious. They would have consistent, measurable effects on navigational equipment, tv and radio, unshielded electronic devices, even geology. The Earth does in fact generate an e-m field. It affects compasses. It causes the auroras. It influences the structure of rocks. I'd say it probably does have some significance in human physiology since the human body contains ferrous metals and many of its functions are electrical in nature. I would even go as far as to concede that it might have some effect on brain chemistry perhaps sufficient to affect mood or behaviour in some small way. However, the idea of specific locations or lines where these effects can be predicted, but only by mystics with a vague, variable and entirely arbitrary notion of "energy", is obviously complete poppycock. All birds know which way to fly, but not all humans in a particular place behave the same way due to the influence of "Ley Lines". It would actually be quite easy to make an electromagnetic map of the Earth. If you want to do that and look for a correlation between particular field strengths and associated behaviours I will confidently predict that you'll find nothing of statistical significance, but I would at least give you some credit for taking a scientific approach instead of believing primitive mumbo jumbo without evidence.

Unless of course you do have evidence for fairies and wishing wells and all that other stuff you said?

Sorry I was late, hope my scorn and derision met your expectations.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

Thread Information