Game of Thrones
Started by Reg Perrin, 17th May 2019 23:45 in TV & Entertainment

1. #1 | 2116412
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Game of Thrones

Anyway LL....I reckon all the objections to the way this series has panned out are kind of understandable...but what the fuck.

However, we've got this weekend to finalise our predictions and analysis...go on.... an objective assessment of the whole thing is also welcome!!!

2. #2 | 2116415
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Default Re: Game of Thrones

First off, u need to put a big SPOILER ALERT at the top of this thread....

Secondly, season 8, what a load of utter pish.

I never watched it until the 4th season was out, cos I thought that it would just be like exactly how season 8 has been.......of course, I was wrong and thoroughly enjoyed the entire lot, although it must be said, the standard of the direction lowered with each season, even if the special effect budget sky-rocketed.

But season 8..pfffffft....pile of fucking wank, really is.

E03, The battle against the dead......take your most devastating military group, the Dothraki horsemen, and charge them into hordes of undead where they will all invariably be slaughtered (although some must have ran away in the dark to be available for the pillage of Kings Landing and if the script writers wanted to keep some main characters alive....don't have them backed into a corner surrounded by dozens of undead zombies, endlessly hacking fuck out of them....especially not Samuel fucking Tarley!!!

E05....yeah, I admit, I was on the edge of my seat, and thought it a great parabel in worshipping and following 'false prophets', and also the main protagonists blindly following some misplaced sense of loyalty instead of having the gumption be individuals and stand up and do what was right, all except Varys, who was fatally punished for being the only one who could both see the writing on the wall and have the spine to act accordingly.......all this was shit hot, and probably came from the author of the books.......

......but the way the battle on Kings Landing was executed....just yet more incredulous pish. One week, the Scorpion bow guns efficiently slaughter a dragon as might be expected from firing a dozen or so tree trunk arrows into a general patch of sky all at once....the next week however, around 80-90 Scorpion guns sighted on ships and around the city walls couldn't land a single shot.............and since when did the dragon's fire breath have the impact of a fucking cruise missile? In all the previous episodes, dragons have breathed fire, and burned shit. The night before the battle, Varys was executed with dragon fire, with all the main hero's standing within feet of him? Where was great big fucking crate in the ground and the explosive blast wiping out all the main heros?

Fucking dragon breath (i.e. a high powered flame thrower) fucking ripping down solid stone ramparts? Load of pish.

3. #3 | 2116448
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Well I liked it. It was like the old days, blood soaked, indiscriminate killing off of some of the main characters. Dany went off her box because the bloke she was doing turned out to be her nephew who no longer wants to do her and Cersei chopped her bestie's head off. To cap it all Varys was plotting treason and treason can't go unpunished.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

4. #4 | 2116451
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Not sure how I would pen the ending but I definitely don't want a Jon Snow on the iron throne, happy ending. Dany's going to have to meet a sticky end, maybe take Jon out with her.

I vote Tyrion for the Iron Throne.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

5. #5 | 2116455
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

Doesnít he present Channel 4 News?
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2116459
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

BobBobson
    First off, u need to put a big SPOILER ALERT at the top of this thread....

Secondly, season 8, what a load of utter pish.

I never watched it until the 4th season was out, cos I thought that it would just be like exactly how season 8 has been.......of course, I was wrong and thoroughly enjoyed the entire lot, although it must be said, the standard of the direction lowered with each season, even if the special effect budget sky-rocketed.

But season 8..pfffffft....pile of fucking wank, really is.

E03, The battle against the dead......take your most devastating military group, the Dothraki horsemen, and charge them into hordes of undead where they will all invariably be slaughtered (although some must have ran away in the dark to be available for the pillage of Kings Landing and if the script writers wanted to keep some main characters alive....don't have them backed into a corner surrounded by dozens of undead zombies, endlessly hacking fuck out of them....especially not Samuel fucking Tarley!!!

E05....yeah, I admit, I was on the edge of my seat, and thought it a great parabel in worshipping and following 'false prophets', and also the main protagonists blindly following some misplaced sense of loyalty instead of having the gumption be individuals and stand up and do what was right, all except Varys, who was fatally punished for being the only one who could both see the writing on the wall and have the spine to act accordingly.......all this was shit hot, and probably came from the author of the books.......

......but the way the battle on Kings Landing was executed....just yet more incredulous pish. One week, the Scorpion bow guns efficiently slaughter a dragon as might be expected from firing a dozen or so tree trunk arrows into a general patch of sky all at once....the next week however, around 80-90 Scorpion guns sighted on ships and around the city walls couldn't land a single shot.............and since when did the dragon's fire breath have the impact of a fucking cruise missile? In all the previous episodes, dragons have breathed fire, and burned shit. The night before the battle, Varys was executed with dragon fire, with all the main hero's standing within feet of him? Where was great big fucking crate in the ground and the explosive blast wiping out all the main heros?

Fucking dragon breath (i.e. a high powered flame thrower) fucking ripping down solid stone ramparts? Load of pish.
    Yeah, agree with all those points. The scene for pish had been set last season though when that guy ran from miles north of the wall in about 5 minutes, it having taken them days to get there initially. Nevertheless, I'm prepared to forgive them these faults. I reckon Arya, who may be pregnant with Robert baratheons grandchild might have a role to play in who's boss.

7. #7 | 2116487
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Alice
    Well I liked it. It was like the old days, blood soaked, indiscriminate killing off of some of the main characters. Dany went off her box because the bloke she was doing turned out to be her nephew who no longer wants to do her and Cersei chopped her bestie's head off. To cap it all Varys was plotting treason and treason can't go unpunished.
    Daenerys becoming embittered, vengeful and power hungry was a great story idea, but poorly executed arguably due to their not being enough episodes left to fit it all in in a believable way.

So many example in real history of a population getting a really hard time from one regime, resulting in them enthusiastically supporting some revolutionary figurehead or movement, whose answer is to fight fire with fire with the end result being something just as bad as what it replaced, or perhaps even worse!

Varys seen it coming and acted to divert the course of history and like 'men of backbone' in Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Communist China, and if I got the history books out, the list could go on and on.....He was met with the harshest of punishment whilst the spineless and/or those who were trapped subscribing to some false morality, desperate to show their unrelenting loyalty like beaten dogs, stayed alive and also facilitated the greatest act of evil in the whole series so far.

Alice
    Not sure how I would pen the ending but I definitely don't want a Jon Snow on the iron throne, happy ending. Dany's going to have to meet a sticky end, maybe take Jon out with her.

I vote Tyrion for the Iron Throne.
    Jon Snow is too naive, too much of a good little soldier, to sit on the iron throne (which no longer exists btw since Daenerys done a Hiroshima job on the whole of King's Landing). If George RR Martin has a say in the ending, he aint getting the throne........probably Daenerys will have her dragon fry Jon Snow when he remonstrates too much with her about her massacre of 1 million innocent lives and Tyrion ends up slamming a piece of dragonstone through Daenerys' heart becoming the 'Queen Slayer' to his brother's 'King Slayer' and as the last remaining sibling or offspring of the Lannister Queen Cersei, he takes the Iron Throne.
    Liked by: Alice

8. #8 | 2116493
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

.....and after Tyrion takes the iron throne, Sansa Stark will marry him and become queen, thus uniting the North with the 7 kingdoms, and putting the two main characters or who have had to bend themselves over and endure a lot of shit when they have been in vulnerable situations in order to survive, yet whose teeth have remained sharp throughout.

9. #9 | 2116683
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

Everyone listen to me, Sara has the goods. Itís Bran, he gets the throne, Jon kills Daenerys. Sansa is gonna rule through Bran. If Iím wrong I owe you all a fiver...... collectively, Iím not giving you one each.

10. #10 | 2116685
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

LadyLush
    Everyone listen to me, Sara has the goods. Itís Bran, he gets the throne, Jon kills Daenerys. Sansa is gonna rule through Bran. If Iím wrong I owe you all a fiver...... collectively, Iím not giving you one each.
    Bran...a boring twat.

Thread Information