Game of Thrones
Started by Reg Perrin, 17th May 2019 23:45 in TV & Entertainment

1. #41 | 2117345
    Tinselshit

MAY

Default Re: Game of Thrones

LadyLush
    It wasn’t the best series ever, that’s Breaking Bad.
    Nothing has yet come close to Breaking Bad.

2. #42 | 2117347
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Anyway, GoT, what a pile of utter shite. Haven't come across anyone yet who thought it was good. Apparently there were a million signatures on a petiton the next morning for it to be rewritten. They call it fantitlement or something. I was mostly ok with Season 8 but can't believe anyone involved in the production of the finale didn't realise what a massive disappointment it would be. Bran the Boring, King of the 6 Kingdoms, wtf. Although I quite liked the idea that the North kept its independance.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

3. #43 | 2117349
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

They never really got to grips with the Bran character did they, WTF was he supposed to be/do anyway?

4. #44 | 2117356
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Reg Perrin
    They never really got to grips with the Bran character did they, WTF was he supposed to be/do anyway?
    I kept thinking he was going to have some sort of superpower which would only come into play when 'winter' came but nothing. Then, when the Night King stood in front of him I thought here we go, this is it. Still nothing, so basically if it wasn't for Arya he'd have been monumentally screwed and all that 3 eyed raven bullshit was a waste of time.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Reg Perrin

5. #45 | 2117358
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Not sure if they could do something with Dany's character, the dragon carried her off. If she came back from the dead she could be the baddass dead night queen but I doubt any of the main characters would even want to come back with the prospect that Hollywood might come calling. They'll all want to be taken seriously now.

6. #46 | 2117359
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

I need another engrossing show to watch now.

7. #47 | 2117362
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Smiler decided to watch the series from the start, again, did it at our house last night. I watched the first episode it was a million times better in every way.

8. #48 | 2117388
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Alice
    I kept thinking he was going to have some sort of superpower which would only come into play when 'winter' came but nothing. Then, when the Night King stood in front of him I thought here we go, this is it. Still nothing, so basically if it wasn't for Arya he'd have been monumentally screwed and all that 3 eyed raven bullshit was a waste of time.
    What the fuck were you expecting?

Bran to levitate in the air and start shooting laser beams out of his eyes?

Bran has access to the place where all memories of all men are stored. He knows everything that has ever happened, and everything that ever will happen and therefore he is passive, and does not judge. What was is what was, and what will be is what will be.

Bran becoming King of the Six Kingdom's represents a real turning point and new beginning for the people of Westeross. Daenerys becoming Queen, would have been more of the same, but different, and perhaps even worse, as real world history has proven over and over again when some 'leader' with a messianic complex comes to power on the back of populist support.

Bran represents something like the intellect of God.

......true, they didn't do a great job with explaining Bran and fitting him into his correct place in the final season just like they never done a great job with anything else. Rushed, and totally lacking the substance of previous seasons.....but they run out of books, and the directors only wanted to do 8 seasons, not the 10 that HBO wanted out of them.

9. #49 | 2117397
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

It was crap,Bob, I didnít want it to be, Iíve been trying to say it wasnít crap, but it was.

10. #50 | 2117401
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

MAY

It sounds a load of shite.

Thread Information