Game of Thrones
Started by Reg Perrin, 17th May 2019 23:45 in TV & Entertainment

1. #21 | 2116705
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Default Re: Game of Thrones

LadyLush
    Go back to season one, he amassed wealth and power and was portrayed as a sneaky git, the good of the realm as long as it made him wealthy and powerful, until looney Daenerys came along and started fucking everyone’s shit up, the books are far better than the TV series, some really important stuff was missed out and this season is further removed from the books than the previous ones were.
    Tried to read the first book when I was last offshore....

...just couldn't get over the whole "I know what is away to happen" thing...didn't read more than a chapter/

2. #22 | 2116773
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

BobBobson

...just couldn't get over the whole "I know what is away to happen" thing...didn't read more than a chapter/
    I read them before watching the series, definitely the right way round to do it. Only issue was, the characters on the telly are nothing like I images they would be, Daenerys gets all her hair burned off in the books.

3. #23 | 2116775
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

LadyLush
    I read them before watching the series, definitely the right way round to do it. Only issue was, the characters on the telly are nothing like I images they would be, Daenerys gets all her hair burned off in the books.
    Yeah...

Had a mate who read the books before the TV series came out and he couldn't watch it cos it was such a departure from the world and characters he imagined in his head.

......Tyrion for example, in the books is meant to be right horrible nasty little cünt, but I guess casting the only handicapped person in the whole cast, in a negative role wouldn't be politically correct.

4. #24 | 2116778
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

LadyLush
    I thought the books haven't even been finished yet and that the author had just given the show writers the outline of the actual endings?

5. #25 | 2116781
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    I thought the books haven't even been finished yet and that the author had just given the show writers the outline of the actual endings?
    Yep...

The book that will take us up to the end of the TV show, is not yet complete, and George R R Martin has been writing it for ten years....he has another booked planned that will take place after the 'end' as well, but likely that will never be written.

6. #26 | 2116786
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

The shows don’t fit with the books exactly, they’ve deviated from it, like Robb Stark is a strapping bloke with a beard in the show, in the books he takes on Lordship oh Winterfell in his very early teens, the series isn’t like the books, but it is fuckin ace in its own right. Apparently there was supposed to be 10 seasons, HBO wanted to make 10 but the directors wouldn’t do it. So this last season has deviated even further from the books to cram everything in. Allegedly two endings have been filmed for Jon Snow.

7. #27 | 2116788
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

BobBobson
    Yep...

The book that will take us up to the end of the TV show, is not yet complete, and George R R Martin has been writing it for ten years....he has another booked planned that will take place after the 'end' as well, but likely that will never be written.
    There's some kind of spin off series in the making too, hope so. I’m watching Westworld on NowTV at the moment, that’s really good too but you need to watch it undistracted cos so much happens.

8. #28 | 2116840
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

BobBobson

I did that exact same thing except from the offshore part.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

9. #29 | 2116874
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

I am ridiculously excited, can’t go to sleep. I might stay up until 2am and watch it.

Thread Information