Game of Thrones
Started by Reg Perrin, 17th May 2019 23:45 in TV & Entertainment

1. #11 | 2116686
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Reg Perrin
    Bran...a boring twat.
    He is so annoying. But he’s getting a throne he doesn’t want so he can tell everyone that none of it matters anyway.

2. #12 | 2116687
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

I’m pissed off about Varys, that wasn’t fitting, he was my favourite and he deserved a more exciting end than that. The Night King’s death and Cersei’s death were understated because they’re not the villains, Daenerys is. She killed more innocent people than any of them in one day when she trashed Kings Landing. The whole series feels rushed, it’s all happening too quickly.

3. #13 | 2116688
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

LadyLush
    I’m pissed off about Varys, that wasn’t fitting, he was my favourite and he deserved a more exciting end than that. The Night King’s death and Cersei’s death were understated because they’re not the villains, Daenerys is. She killed more innocent people than any of them in one day when she trashed Kings Landing. The whole series feels rushed, it’s all happening too quickly.
    Is cersei even dead?

4. #14 | 2116690
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    Is cersei even dead?
    Perhaps not!

Perhaps Kings Landing is made out of polystyrene foam, hence how the dragon was able to wreck the place like it was spraying cruise missiles out it's mouth!

AhAHAHAHAA...

It is all starting to make sense now!

Tyrion for the throne. He slays Daenerys and becomes the 'Queen Slayer', and marries Sansa.

5. #15 | 2116694
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

BobBobson
    Perhaps not!

Perhaps Kings Landing is made out of polystyrene foam, hence how the dragon was able to wreck the place like it was spraying cruise missiles out it's mouth!

AhAHAHAHAA...

It is all starting to make sense now!

Tyrion for the throne. He slays Daenerys and becomes the 'Queen Slayer', and marries Sansa.
    Just out of curiosity, did you read those kind of books as a kid Bob? CS lewis., Tolkien, BB.?

6. #16 | 2116695
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    Just out of curiosity, did you read those kind of books as a kid Bob? CS lewis., Tolkien, BB.?
    Nope.

Roald Dahl......and the odd other few I don't remember much about.

7. #17 | 2116696
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

LadyLush
    Well that is fucking life bitch!

That is what happens to those who stick their neck out in the name of doing what is right.

I glad it happened to him, cos it is fiction, and I like my fiction resemble some form of reality of the human condition. Fuck all this do good, be good, and live happily ever afters shite. Tangle with power, or get caught offside by any of it's servile toady little lackeys, then pay the price!

8. #18 | 2116697
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

BobBobson
    Well that is fucking life bitch!

That is what happens to those who stick their neck out in the name of doing what is right.

I glad it happened to him, cos it is fiction, and I like my fiction resemble some form of reality of the human condition. Fuck all this do good, be good, and live happily ever afters shite. Tangle with power, or get caught offside by any of it's servile toady little lackeys, then pay the price!
    He wasn’t good or right, he was a sneaky little fucker but his character was fantastic. He was dead and gone in the first two minutes of the episode, it wasn’t good enough. This is why HBO wanted ten seasons.

9. #19 | 2116699
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

LadyLush
    He wasn’t good or right, he was a sneaky little fucker but his character was fantastic. He was dead and gone in the first two minutes of the episode, it wasn’t good enough. This is why HBO wanted ten seasons.
    Eh?

What was his Modus Operandi throughout the whole series?

"For the greater good of the realm"

Over and over he would repeat that and act upon it.

Why did he die? Cos he knew Daenerys was going off the rails and likely to commit unnecessary atrocities in her pursuit of power. He risked his neck to undermine her, for the good of the realm, and he paid the price.

Why isn't that good or right?

10. #20 | 2116700
    Fat, old hippy

MAY

BobBobson
    Eh?

What was his Modus Operandi throughout the whole series?

"For the greater good of the realm"

Over and over he would repeat that and act upon it.

Why did he die? Cos he knew Daenerys was going off the rails and likely to commit unnecessary atrocities in her pursuit of power. He risked his neck to undermine her, for the good of the realm, and he paid the price.

Why isn't that good or right?
    Go back to season one, he amassed wealth and power and was portrayed as a sneaky git, the good of the realm as long as it made him wealthy and powerful, until looney Daenerys came along and started fucking everyone’s shit up, the books are far better than the TV series, some really important stuff was missed out and this season is further removed from the books than the previous ones were.

Thread Information