Started by sphinx, 12th May 2019 16:21 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2115659
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

Default Jersey Royals

I've been expecting a post from Dordie....he is usually one of the first to buy these delicious potatoes.
    MAY MUST RESIGN

2. #2 | 2115661
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAY

Default Re: Jersey Royals

sphinx
    I've been expecting a post from Dordie....he is usually one of the first to buy these delicious potatoes.
    I'll be over the Co-op a bit smartish in the morning, I'll have a peck or three of those. Grateful for the heads up. The state of my eyes decrees that nothing is 'popping up' as often they have done in the past, i'm having to peer.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #3 | 2116086
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAY

Bought some last week - and they were totally tasteless - didn't even smell like proper JRs - big disappointment.

Bought some Lincolnshire ones in the market a few days ago - and they tasted just like Jersey Royals used to to taste - delicious all slathered in butter! Did I miss a memo somewhere that said Lincolnshire had been moved to Jersey??
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 2116089
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

I got some loose ones from Tesco last week and they were scrumptious, so they were.
    Liked by: Luna, sphinx

5. #5 | 2116139
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAY

Will have to go and look now - and I loathe Tesco!

6. #6 | 2116207
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

Luna
    Bought some last week - and they were totally tasteless - didn't even smell like proper JRs - big disappointment.

Bought some Lincolnshire ones in the market a few days ago - and they tasted just like Jersey Royals used to to taste - delicious all slathered in butter! Did I miss a memo somewhere that said Lincolnshire had been moved to Jersey??
    Greetings from sunny Lincolnshire. Didn't see them in the central market here until later than usual even though lots of crops have come early this year. I think Morrisons basically cornered them all early on, but I eventually got some from one of the local farm shops and they are bloody good. Labelled as "new potatoes" of course because even though they're the same variety you can't actually call them Jersey Royals unless they're from Jersey. So if the ones you got from Lincolnshire were called Jersey Royals, they weren't grown in Lincolnshire.
    YOU LOST. Deal with it

7. #7 | 2116240
    Memnoch Worshipper
    Isle of Man

MAY

Memnoch
    Greetings from sunny Lincolnshire. Didn't see them in the central market here until later than usual even though lots of crops have come early this year. I think Morrisons basically cornered them all early on, but I eventually got some from one of the local farm shops and they are bloody good. Labelled as "new potatoes" of course because even though they're the same variety you can't actually call them Jersey Royals unless they're from Jersey. So if the ones you got from Lincolnshire were called Jersey Royals, they weren't grown in Lincolnshire.
    You Are Perfectly Correct!
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

Thread Information