Brexit party set to win election
Started by Nice Fred, 18th April 2019 05:39 in Brexit Forum

1. #31 | 2115481
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Re: Brexit party set to win election

BobBobson
    Brexit Party now top the polls with 30% of the voting intention....probs higher by now as well. Anyone who voted for Brexit and really meant it, are going to vote for the Brexit Party.

Brexit is not going away....

.....I piss myself laughing at those labour MPs from strongly pro Brexit areas who are running around banging the drum for a 2nd referendum....snakes like Tom Watson would be at the top of my Schadenfreude list, when they lose their seats at the next General Election.
    Won't matter by then Bob, we'll be staying put.

2. #32 | 2115482
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    Won't matter by then Bob, we'll be staying put.
    Well, to be fair Reg......that is exactly what has happened every other time a sovereign nation has voted against the EU in the past....

Referendum! Wrong Result! 2nd Referendum!

Perhaps this time it will be different though.

3. #33 | 2115483
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Guess you will be looking forward to the EUs biometric database as well?

4. #34 | 2115484
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

It doesn't matter who gets elected to the euro debating club because it's not a Parliament despite its name and has precisely zero influence over the unelected councils and commissions that hand down their commandments to be rubber-stamped. The Remainers know it's antidemocratic, but they'd rather stay subservient to a dictatorship that hates them than admit they've been completely and utterly wrong about absolutely everything since forever.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #35 | 2115485
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Stick with chickenshit Bob, you simply can't be wrong..... About anything.

6. #36 | 2115488
    BC Member
    England

MAY

Reg Perrin
    I just knew you'd get something right.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

7. #37 | 2115489
    BC Member
    Scotland

MAY

Reg Perrin
    So the planned EU biometric database for all EU citizens Reg.....I presume you are looking forward to it?

I suppose if some people don't like it, we can hold a big referendum on it, and then another, and another, and then just how many more it takes until we all agree it's a great idea?

8. #38 | 2115500
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

BobBobson
    So the planned EU biometric database for all EU citizens Reg.....I presume you are looking forward to it?

I suppose if some people don't like it, we can hold a big referendum on it, and then another, and another, and then just how many more it takes until we all agree it's a great idea?
    I'm glad you elaborated Bob because I didn't know what you were on about. As rowdy and obnoxious and unreasonable Leave voters tend to do (As witnessed on Question Time the other night) you've conflated a few issues and seemingly emerged with the idea that if Democracy is to be upheld and observed we will be rescued from the insidious control of the EU.
    Unfortunately I disagree with (1) The fact that it's undemocratic to check out public opinion when its got more info and (2) Biometric databases are a unique threat from the EU. Actually I thought they already existed. Furthermore, they'll be top of the Tory wishlist at the first available opportunity.

The thing is Bob, throughout this debacle I have actually listened to the Lexit arguments of Kate Hooey and Denis Skinner (and my mate Tosh)..I am inclined to agree with some of their points of view. I think their arguments for Lexit are far more authentic than the naive, insulated, self promoting arguments put forward by the likes of Farage and Johnson. In some ways I'm quite sanguine about Brexit. I think it's a bad move but we can always go back in, it might implode anyway but it might not be that bad....for me....But then a lot of things might be not that bad for me....I'll be dead before the timetable of the 6th Mass Extinction or before Climate Change propels us into WW3, 4 and 5. It's an abstract worry and concern for my kids that eats away at me now, not Brexit.
    More than anything though , my worry is that History demonstrates, time and time again, that when Nations reach the fever pitch of internal and external conflict we're at now, War happens. You (I suspect) will think that such an inevitability is a contrived manipulation by dark forces, I think it's just human nature....either way, the bombs are so big now we're fucked. Fortunately for us we'll be incinerated, painlessly, with the first sortie. It's the tension of the build up and the fear that I,m not looking forward to.

9. #39 | 2115526
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

MAY

Dordie
    I have a feeling the brexit party are going to piss all over Theresa May
    I sincerely hope so. Or that somebody or something does - the sooner the better.

10. #40 | 2115527
    Fluffed out
    England

MAY

I think the Brexit party will do very well, because the Tories aren't fielding candidates in many areas, on the grounds that we're leaving anyway so there's no point. That means Tory voters will have the choice of the Brexit Party if they voted to leave, and Change UK if they voted to remain - assuming they vote along leave/remain lines.

Thread Information