Labour "Heartlands"
Started by Reg Perrin, 14th April 2019 00:26 in Brexit Forum

1. #71 | 2111983
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Default Re: Labour "Heartlands"

Roco
    Most. Not all. You rely on the subs which without you would be fucked.
    So what? The members rely on the Union support. It's an insurance policy for them. Why do you think those Conservative ones tried to scam the system and obtain the support? To throw away 20 quid?

2. #72 | 2111985
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Roco
    Most. Not all. You rely on the subs which without you would be fucked.
    BTW...As a shop steward I obtained no pay for doing the job. And the "you" in "You'd be fucked" means what? The union is the union, it's the workers you daft prat.

3. #73 | 2111987
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

BobBobson
    Stole the words from my mouth.....
    Yeah...a couple of deluded arseholes together.

4. #74 | 2111989
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Reg Perrin
    Actually you're wrong. It depends at what stage in the process we're at. If it were an initial visit we (I) could reject them there and then, they would have no recourse. If they'd put in their application they could appeal to the regional appeals body (I forget what it's called) but I would have won the case because I would have all the rationale, logic and evidence available to me. Prior to that, If I'd made the decision to reject them I might present the case to the Local Authority panel to give them the heads up and to quality control my decision. It would be me that made the decision and me that was answerable to the appeals process.

You may like to think you know this but I invite you to check online...the process is all there. The only vague bit might be it refers to the Local Authority, but as with Court Cases in care proceedings, the Local Authority is a Social Worker. Obviously there is a network of supervision and support, but ultimately it would be down to the individual Social Worker. You think you're so clever don't you, but actually you know fuck all.
    Incidentally, although they might win their appeal (which never happened with me because it never got that far), the Local Authority would be under no obligation to proceed with their assessment.

5. #75 | 2111990
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

BobBobson
    'Stovin heeds reet in', is Eddie Tranter's area of proficiency. I am merely parodying him for comic effect.

I am 6'1, and 16 stone, although if I was in my optimum physical condition, I would be around 13.5 stone.

I am not particularly violent and never have been, outwith a short period in my life where I felt I had something to prove. This is just as well, as I have never found myself to be a particularly skilled in the perpetration of 'stovin heeds reet in'.

Edit: with that all said.....I do sometimes have a temper, which combined with a strong mind, can often lead to scrapes, which often aren't in my best interests to get involved in....usually nothing much to gain, but something important to lose...job, contract, teeth, etc.....

.......The issue with my flatmates boyfriend, was an exception. I don't regret it, although I was very lucky not to have totally ruined my life (don't care about his), but life worked out better in the long run and I learned a lot from the experience.........not least of all, if someone or some group is going to do another person or group a great deal of harm, then it is absolutely vital that there target is 'dehumanised' and rendered worthless and unworthy prior to the deed........I also learned the role that law n order plays in our society.....if not for that semi-invisible stick, we really would be living in a violence torn anarchy.
    I was only joking, but thanks for the nugget anyway.

6. #76 | 2111991
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

It's like the good old days this, ain't it.

7. #77 | 2111996
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

APR

Reg Perrin
    Actually you're wrong. It depends at what stage in the process we're at. If it were an initial visit we (I) could reject them there and then, they would have no recourse. If they'd put in their application they could appeal to the regional appeals body (I forget what it's called) but I would have won the case because I would have all the rationale, logic and evidence available to me. Prior to that, If I'd made the decision to reject them I might present the case to the Local Authority panel to give them the heads up and to quality control my decision. It would be me that made the decision and me that was answerable to the appeals process.

You may like to think you know this but I invite you to check online...the process is all there. The only vague bit might be it refers to the Local Authority, but as with Court Cases in care proceedings, the Local Authority is a Social Worker. Obviously there is a network of supervision and support, but ultimately it would be down to the individual Social Worker. You think you're so clever don't you, but actually you know fuck all.
    I don't rely on a word you come out with. You once told us that you were at a Crown Court for a family hearing.

You're just a nutcase.
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #78 | 2111999
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Lord Ponsonby
    I don't rely on a word you come out with. You once told us that you were at a Crown Court for a family hearing.

You're just a nutcase.
    I was, whether you like to hide behind a comfy blanket of ignorant denial or not.

9. #79 | 2112150
    BC Member
    England

APR

Reg Perrin
    BTW...As a shop steward I obtained no pay for doing the job. And the "you" in "You'd be fucked" means what? The union is the union, it's the workers you daft prat.
    So, nobody draws a wage from sub money then? Nobody gets paid for being an activist on strike days?

10. #80 | 2112153
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Roco
    So, nobody draws a wage from sub money then? Nobody gets paid for being an activist on strike days?
    There are 5 branch officers who are effectively seconded from their jobs within the local authority. As far as I'm aware no one gets paid for duties when industrial action takes place. If a member can demonstrate they experience hardship because of coming out on strike they can apply to the welfare fund. I get the impression you're following the daily mail version of trade union action rather than the reality. You know what? I have no time for ignorant twats and I certainly don't feel inclined to justify myself or the Union to you. If you don't want the benefits of a union no one forces you to join, if you're an employer and you stick to the rules the Union should never have to take action.

Thread Information