Wouldn't it have been better
Started by Reg Perrin, 11th April 2019 08:28 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2111229
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Default Wouldn't it have been better

If there'd actually been a bit of planning before leaving? I mean, if all the pro's and con's had been properly investigated, in an objective and critical way. If there'd been some kind of public inquiry, conducted independently, and ultimately laying down all the alternatives so people could have made an informed decision. "A" means this. "B" means this. "C" could mean this but it's a bit of a guess. Etc Etc. And then have a proper referendum in which, if no significant majority is gained, the status quo remains. Of course there'd be noisy minorities on both sides of the coin, but ultimately the vast middle, that has effectively been marginalised by a few vested interests could make a decision that many may not like, but would be more prepared to accept. Cameron and the Tory party have been recklessly irresponsible in doing things the way they've done it. That's what is most prominent in my mind when judging this whole debacle, whatever the eventual outcome.

2. #2 | 2111233
    BC Member
    BC Team

APR

Default Re: Wouldn't it have been better

I find I am unable to disagree with most of the above.

I still want to leave though.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #3 | 2111234
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

APR

No. We voted to leave. There's nothing complicated about it.
    Liked by: sphinx

4. #4 | 2111235
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Lord Ponsonby
    No. We voted to leave. There's nothing complicated about it.
    Unfortunately that's not been borne out by events, has it.

5. #5 | 2111236
    Google it.
    England

APR

Reg Perrin
    Unfortunately that's not been borne out by events, has it.
    We haven't left, no. There will be trouble ahead.

6. #6 | 2111238
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Lord Ponsonby
    We haven't left, no. There will be trouble ahead.
    Is that because there are more potentially aggressive, violent, intolerant and uncompromising people on the "Leave" side of the equation?

7. #7 | 2111271
    Google it.
    England

APR

Reg Perrin
    Is that because there are more potentially aggressive, violent, intolerant and uncompromising people on the "Leave" side of the equation?
    No, that is generally the tactics of the left, remember the poll tax riots?
    Liked by: Joe 90

8. #8 | 2111426
    BC Member
    Cyprus

APR

Reg Perrin
    If there'd actually been a bit of planning before leaving? I mean, if all the pro's and con's had been properly investigated, in an objective and critical way. If there'd been some kind of public inquiry, conducted independently, and ultimately laying down all the alternatives so people could have made an informed decision. "A" means this. "B" means this. "C" could mean this but it's a bit of a guess. Etc Etc. And then have a proper referendum in which, if no significant majority is gained, the status quo remains. Of course there'd be noisy minorities on both sides of the coin, but ultimately the vast middle, that has effectively been marginalised by a few vested interests could make a decision that many may not like, but would be more prepared to accept. Cameron and the Tory party have been recklessly irresponsible in doing things the way they've done it. That's what is most prominent in my mind when judging this whole debacle, whatever the eventual outcome.
    I said at the time that the referendum should never have happened in the way it did. It wasn't an exercise in democracy and anyone that says it is is deluding themselves.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

9. #9 | 2111430
    Google it.
    England

APR

Fork Me
    I said at the time that the referendum should never have happened in the way it did. It wasn't an exercise in democracy and anyone that says it is is deluding themselves.
    If you'd have won, it would have been the most democratic process known to man. But you didn't.

10. #10 | 2111432
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Lord Ponsonby
    If you'd have won, it would have been the most democratic process known to man. But you didn't.
    Let the carers in Ponsonby, they've been at the front door since 6:15.

Thread Information