Pluto's dilemma
Started by Reg Perrin, 9th April 2019 17:26 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2110981
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Default Pluto's dilemma

Anyway Pluto. After all your outrage regarding this MP, and knowing your feelings about Brexit, how do you feel about this?

2. #2 | 2111048
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

APR

Default Re: Pluto's dilemma

I said she should lose her seat, but she didn't, so we are where we are. My crystal ball did not inform
    me that her vote would be instrumental in getting May to ask for an extension to Article 50 (which the EU hasn't agreed to yet). Personally I am not saying we should cancel Brexit, but politicians have made such a mess of it that the only viable options are an extension to Article 50, for more time to sort this out, or a no deal Brexit at the end of this week, which most experts agree would be extremely damaging. To the MPs who voted against an extension (including my own Labour MP), I would ask what they want instead, which they can realistically get through Parliament.

3. #3 | 2111064
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Plutonium
    I said she should lose her seat, but she didn't, so we are where we are. ...................waffle...................
    A shrug of the shoulders then. The kind of trite response a Rightard would give.

4. #4 | 2111071
    Fluffed out
    England

APR

I think that's pretty unfair, Reg. I agree with Pluto - she should have lost her seat. Just because someone might vote the same way as you on certain issues doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to criminal behaviour from our representatives. That's the reasoning behind Netanyahu remaining as PM in Israel.
    Liked by: Plutonium, Roco, sphinx

5. #5 | 2111084
    BC Member
    BC Team

APR

Plutonium
    Personally I am not saying we should cancel Brexit, but politicians have made such a mess of it that the only viable options are an extension to Article 50, for more time to sort this out
    Trouble with this is, it means the entire process is completely controlled by the EU.
    The solution is to revoke article 50 (for now), which we can do without agreement from the EU, and enshrine into law that the matter is revisited in, say, two years, by which time we can get a government in who can do it properly.
    That way, THE UK controls the process, not the EU.

At the moment we are currently effectively being governed by Germany and France because they are calling all the shots. That needs to stop, right now!

6. #6 | 2111085
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Scrotnig
    At the moment we are currently effectively being governed by Germany and France because they are calling all the shots. That needs to stop, right now!
    Yeah...serves yer right yer arsehole. Is this the taking back control you were on about?

7. #7 | 2111345
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

APR

Reg Perrin
    A shrug of the shoulders then. The kind of trite response a Rightard would give.
    Would your view be different if she had voted against the extension?

The point is that if an MP gets into trouble, whether they should keep their seat depends on what you think about the circumstances of their case - not on how they might vote in some as yet unknown future Commons division.

8. #8 | 2111347
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

APR

Scrotnig
    Trouble with this is, it means the entire process is completely controlled by the EU.
    The solution is to revoke article 50 (for now), which we can do without agreement from the EU, and enshrine into law that the matter is revisited in, say, two years, by which time we can get a government in who can do it properly.
    That way, THE UK controls the process, not the EU.

What if an election gives us another hung Parliament? What if Labour get in, who as far as I can see want a Brexit in name only?

9. #9 | 2111354
    BC Member
    BC Team

APR

Plutonium
    What if an election gives us another hung Parliament? What if Labour get in, who as far as I can see want a Brexit in name only?
    Couldn't be any worse than the current farce.

10. #10 | 2111355
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

APR

Plutonium
    Would your view be different if she had voted against the extension?

The point is that if an MP gets into trouble, whether they should keep their seat depends on what you think about the circumstances of their case - not on how they might vote in some as yet unknown future Commons division.
    Did I express a view?

Thread Information