Fred's Foo - Bits from Nicksforum
Started by Nice Fred, 5th April 2019 06:27 in The Boring Bin

1. #71 | 2114948
    Absquatulated

MAY

Default Re: Fred's Foo - Bits from Nicksforum

5th-March-2009, 11:52

Been to a hospital today.
    If you can imagine a UK hospital from the 1960s you are in with a fair idea of what one looks like here.
    We went to see my sister in laws kid who is way underweight and is having serious breathing problems. It looks like she's going to be OK.
    If a family member is in hospital it's normal for close family to stay with them so you get bits of carpet in corridors with families all hanging about. They will always leave a couple of people sleeping there as well.
    Now I didn't want to take an obvious photo as it may have upset someone so I took a snap of Michelle with them in the background.

PIC_5932.jpg

On leaving the hospital it was getting a bit close to food time so we decided to try a new restaurant we had noticed.

The food wasn't all that but Michelle was kept amused while we were there.
    The tables have glass tops and are hollow in the middle so you can see right through the floor to what is below. As you can see monster was loving the show.

PIC_1731.jpg
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but only a little something for the weekend at the moment

2. #72 | 2114949
    Absquatulated

MAY

agus1.jpg

16th-March-2009, 07:02

Quick facts.

Nia is just turned 16.
    Agus is about 24 (ish- not too sure)
    They were married nine months ago.
    Lasses tend to get preggers pretty quick out here as no one even thinks about family planning until they get a tad older.

As Nia was only 15 when she married, the marriage is strictly illegal but no one would ever even dream of caring.
    It's very common here for lasses to get married young as if they come from a poor family it's better to get rid of the kids early as you can.
    Normally I'm a bit anti - ten times so if the lass doesn't really want to get wed as sometimes happens, but not in this case.
    She was more than keen to tie the not and is seriously happy with things so , what the hell, eh?
    Agus is a good bloke and looks after her well. Should see him with the baby. He's crap.
    I thought I was rubbish (not to mention scared if I picked up Michelle) but he's ten times worse. Scared shitless he'll drop her.
    Give the lad a few days and he'll sort out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, but only a little something for the weekend at the moment

3. #73 | 2114950
    Absquatulated

MAY

8th-April-2009, 07:40

This morning Sulis was doing a bit of housework. You know the sort of stuff, mopping floors and so on. Anyway Michelle farted a fart of Satan himself so it was time to change the pampers and a bath for her.
    I don't change poo poo pampers. Woman's work you know.

Bath done and a clean new pampers all sorted but a few minutes later another fart rattled the house. No, not me or Sulis but her again.
    So another arse wash and another new pampers.
    Sulis popped to get the nappy but......

PIC_0511.jpg

Right on the kitchen floor.

I did what every good daddy should, Took a photo for you and shouted "SULIS, There's a turd on the floor"

4. #74 | 2114951
    Absquatulated

MAY

10th-April-2009, 13:58

The police have guns here but most don't even bother to carry them.
    There was a crime wave last month and the police were going stupid about it.
    More than 70 crimes in an area the size of South Yorkshire in only a month.

5. #75 | 2114952
    Absquatulated

MAY

12th-April-2009, 07:58

My dongle is a bit slow today.
    No, not that dongle but the one I use for the internet at home and when I'm out and about. The speed isn't that great at the best of times but I'm not moaning. It's fantastic being able to get on line wherever i happen to be. Sulis likes to watch crappy soaps at night so this thing is a real cracker to have.
    Anyway I'm wanting to download some stuff and the internet cafe is far faster but I can't go. Suilis has told me I have to teach one of her mates spoken English. Seems the lass is off on a cruise liner to work but must pass an English test before she can get the job. Big money for her if she gets it.
    So here I am awaiting her arrival.

Yesterday i went off to a schools. To get there on time i had to leave the house about 6am. It's nice at that time in a morning. The air is fresh (except where I've been farting) and the roads are still quiet so it's an easy ride.

The first thing I saw was the local crazy bloke who was being nuttier that usual. He was walking down the main road stark naked.
    Other than that and the usual crop of people driving on the wrong side of the road round blind bends it was an uneventful journey.
    Each class in a school has a class leader. It's there job to sort out cleaning rotas and so on for their class. Before and after each lesson one of the kids has to sweep the classroom, it's their job to lead the class in the flag parade every Monday morning and sort out any problems the class may be having.
    The system seems to work well.
    Working that way seems to give the kids a pride in their school and a sense that their working environment is important so you never see vandalism.
    here's a photo of the lass who's turn it was to sweep.

PIC_5751.jpg

6. #76 | 2114953
    Absquatulated

MAY

12th-April-2009, 14:38

As you may have guessed, not that many people drink the dreaded booze over here but some do.
    There are two types available. One is legal to sell so you can get it in some shops. The other is home brew that isn't a good idea at all.
    It often contain wood alcohols so, from time to time, you hear about a few people in a town snuffing it from booze. They don't always work out what it is that killed the drinkers as most of the cops know bugger all about alcohol.

The legal stuff is still illegal for Muslims to drink but a few do it anyway. They tend to hide away or drink in the street from bottles wrapped in black plastic bags. I think that's supposed to hide what they are doing or something.
    Anyway, on the way home today, Sulis told me that a young lad had been found dead. he was one of the drinkers that I have seen in the town.
    Seems he habit is to mix the beer with detergents. The problem is these commonly contain strong bleach. It will burn your skin if you leave it on for a couple of minutes so you can imagine what it will do if you drink the stuff.
    Well they did. Four critical and one dead.

The upside of the not boozing culture is that there is almost no alcohol related crime. When I leave here I know the chances of meeting a drunk wanting a scrap are almost zero.

7. #77 | 2115722
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Canada

MAY

So I guess you are Copying and Pasting your Writings that you had Posted on Nick's Forums to here to help keep it preserved before Nick's Forums eventually Closes.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

8. #78 | 2126463
    Absquatulated

AUG

Logged in on my small phone because this bitch forum won't accept piccies from my good camera.

9. #79 | 2126465
    Absquatulated

AUG

Lunch time
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. #80 | 2126466
    Absquatulated

AUG

That was just testing the ability to upload.

Thread Information