Time
Started by parsonstreet, 4th April 2019 13:42 in Science & Astronomy

1. #31 | 2110737
    here
    Wales

APR

Default Re: Time

The exploitation of time has been really important for modern technology. Some would say we have gone too far. Now we can exploit tiny amounts of time for capitalist purposes. Every nanosecond counts...

I have been thinking recently about what the difference between an hour and second is. Because a lot can happen in one second and often not much can occur in an hour.

It seems that what differentiates an hour and a second can't be the amount of things/events that occur during it.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

2. #32 | 2110770
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

APR

Memnoch
    Why?
    Why are only bits of it infinite? Why not all of it? Or none of it? When you say you "think" these things, you're not really thinking at all are you? You're just looking at what you presume the options are and picking one at random.
    You got the Opposite End of the Stick

I was saying that bits of it (such as our Galaxy) is Finite and that All Of The Universe is Infinite.

I think the Universe has not had a Beginning and will Never End.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

3. #33 | 2111300
    here
    Wales

APR

There is one way that has been proposed to see if time occurs without motion or matter.

You have one part of the universe with no motion and matter in it and next to it you have an active part of the universe.

(The no motion or matter part is represented by a black space)
    A" no motion universe" can be represented by objects that are frozen or still.

Then from the active part of the universe you can see that time continue to pass despite the presence of the motionless or matter free part.
    Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name..

4. #34 | 2111341
    BC Member
    Ireland

APR

Well - someone once, allegedly, parted the Red Sea so parting Universe should be a doddle, Parson. Would we need permission to do it or - perhaps - a referendum? We could call it 'Unexit'!
    Liked by: Bill. MC

5. #35 | 2111466
    here
    Wales

APR

There are so many interesting thought experiments you can do with time.

Thread Information