Brexit means Brexit - except it doesn't
Started by Chris Mitchell, 29th March 2019 20:43 in News & Current Affairs

1. #11 | 2109378
    Fluffed out
    England

MAR

Default Re: Brexit means Brexit - except it doesn't

Plutonium
    Do you consider yourself to be British? If not, do you have an alternative term?
    Ukish!
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #12 | 2109494
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAR

I don't think that's going to catch on.

As has already been mentioned, the full name of our country is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". As that's a bit of a mouthful, it usually gets shortened to the UK or Britain. In terms of an adjective, we use "British". That doesn't imply the exclusion of Northern Ireland. After all, the whole archipelago (Great Britain, Ireland, and all the smaller islands) is known as the "British Isles". I have never heard of an alternative term.

3. #13 | 2109548
    Fluffed out
    England

MAR

Plutonium
    I don't think that's going to catch on.

As has already been mentioned, the full name of our country is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". As that's a bit of a mouthful, it usually gets shortened to the UK or Britain. In terms of an adjective, we use "British". That doesn't imply the exclusion of Northern Ireland. After all, the whole archipelago (Great Britain, Ireland, and all the smaller islands) is known as the "British Isles". I have never heard of an alternative term.
    This is BC. Everyone knows from Cali's posts that the adjective relating to Britain is "Bratash".
    Liked by: sphinx

Thread Information