Back in time for school
Started by Chris Mitchell, 14th February 2019 22:17 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2104605
    Fluffed out
    England

FEB

Default Back in time for school

Has anyone been watching this series? They've taken a group of current day schoolkids (all pretty middle class, by the looks of them) and put them through mock lessons from Victorian times up to the current day. There were some surprising things - for instance, in late Victorian times, boys and girls were taught in mixed classes, and taught the same subjects. Then in the early 1900s, they decided girls shouldn't be learning science, and segregated the schools.

Anyway, the episode I watched on catch up tonight was the interwar period. One interesting fact is that at the outbreak of WWII, we imported 75% of our food.
    Liked by: Fork Me

2. #2 | 2104621
    Hammond and May out
    England

FEB

Default Re: Back in time for school

Chris Mitchell
    Has anyone been watching this series? They've taken a group of current day schoolkids (all pretty middle class, by the looks of them) and put them through mock lessons from Victorian times up to the current day. There were some surprising things - for instance, in late Victorian times, boys and girls were taught in mixed classes, and taught the same subjects. Then in the early 1900s, they decided girls shouldn't be learning science, and segregated the schools.

Anyway, the episode I watched on catch up tonight was the interwar period. One interesting fact is that at the outbreak of WWII, we imported 75% of our food.
    Frey Bentos corned beef from Argentina......scrumptious. I sold tons of beef to the UK from my vast long horn ranch on the Prairie.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

3. #3 | 2104656
    BC Member
    Cyprus

FEB

Chris Mitchell
    Thus, the need for rationing.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

4. #4 | 2104659
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

FEB

Chris Mitchell

And we did it without the eu.
    Liked by: sphinx

5. #5 | 2104662
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

FEB

Fork Me
    Thus, the need for rationing.
    Many farm hands and other food manufacturers were forcibly called up into the Forces.
    Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil 4:8 KJV

6. #6 | 2104667
    The common sense poster

FEB

Dordie
    Frey Bentos corned beef from Argentina......scrumptious.
    That lot killed British troops, you traitor
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

Thread Information