For Fork Me.
Started by bill jarvis, 12th February 2019 18:56 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2104254
    Official Forker the Porker
    stalker
    Pakistan

FEB

Default For Fork Me.

I don't understand it but I'm sure he will.

Rees Mogg for PM
    Liked by: Scrotnig

2. #2 | 2104258
    BC Member
    Cyprus

FEB

Default Re: For Fork Me.

It's fairly well known, it's called the "Golden Key Number", has the symbol Φ and has some interesting properties.

If youn draw a rectangle with side in the ratio 1:Φ, it can be divided into a square and smaller rectangle which also has the same ratio. It's supposed to be both the best looking, and strongest (load bearing) rectangle you can make. Most ancient Egyptian and Greek bricks were made in this ratio so it seems like they knew about it.

If you do the rectangle thing lots of times and draw a spiral through the points, like this:

2000px-Fibonacci_spiral_34.svg.png

You get a spiral that exists a lot in nature, for example, snail shells.

I didn't watch the while video because I already know about this number, but I noticed it mentioned the Fibonacci sequence early on, this is a simple sequence of numbers starting with 0,1 then each number is the sum of the two numbers before it, so:

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 etc etc etc

If you take two numbers next to each other in this sequence and divide the larger by the smaller the answer gets gradually closer to Φ
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

3. #3 | 2104262
    Official Forker the Porker
    stalker
    Pakistan

FEB

Fork Me
    It's fairly well known, it's called the "Golden Key Number", has the symbol Φ and has some interesting properties.

If youn draw a rectangle with side in the ratio 1:Φ, it can be divided into a square and smaller rectangle which also has the same ratio. It's supposed to be both the best looking, and strongest (load bearing) rectangle you can make. Most ancient Egyptian and Greek bricks were made in this ratio so it seems like they knew about it.

If you do the rectangle thing lots of times and draw a spiral through the points, like this:

2000px-Fibonacci_spiral_34.svg.png

You get a spiral that exists a lot in nature, for example, snail shells.

I didn't watch the while video because I already know about this number, but I noticed it mentioned the Fibonacci sequence early on, this is a simple sequence of numbers starting with 0,1 then each number is the sum of the two numbers before it, so:

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 etc etc etc

If you take two numbers next to each other in this sequence and divide the larger by the smaller the answer gets gradually closer to Φ
    Thanks.
    Rees Mogg for PM
    Liked by: Fork Me

4. #4 | 2104263
    BC Member
    BC Team

FEB

Well....I'll be blowed.

I popped into this thread to make a couple of vaguely rude and insulting comments, only to find I've happened upon *a serious thread*

I'm so excited....we haven't had one of those on BC since 1972.

I'm not entirely sure what we're supposed to do next, I know we used to get these occasionally on the LineOne forums but I can't really recall how we used to handle them.
    Climate change is NOT an emergency

Thread Information