Television Music
Started by Scrotnig, 12th January 2019 20:47 in Music & Video

1. #1 | 2100672
    BC Member
    BC Team

JAN

Default Television Music

This is a bit of a geek thread, but many of the pieces are surprisingly pleasant.

I grew up in the North West of England. Anyone who watched ITV (Granada) in the mid eighties up to about the early nineties will probably have heard these tunes. They were played in the morning when Granada 'started up' - initially from scratch, then latterly upon handover from TV-am's breakfast service. Transmitter information was displayed on screen, an IBA requirement at the time, and a long piece of music was played in the background while this information was displayed.

Every ITV region did this from the mid seventies onwards, these are ones that Granada used from the mid eighties onwards, I used to wake up on Saturday mornings and watch/listen to these while waiting for programmes to start.

This first one is called 'Drifting' by the late Kevin Peek and was used for a number of years.

The first video is the complete 'clean' piece.
    The second video is a rather poor quality off-air recording from 1984 showing it being used.

2. #2 | 2100675
    BC Member
    BC Team

JAN

Default Re: Television Music

10 points to anyone who can tell me where the first track (Heroes) on this video was often used, again from sometime in the eighties (I was too young to know when) up until at least the early nineties....

I guarantee nobody's going to get this.....

3. #3 | 2100682
    Lone Wolf & Cub

JAN

I was enjoying it till it had all three going at once.
    The more laws, the less justice- Marcus Tullius Cicero.

4. #4 | 2100829
    BC Member
    BC Team

JAN

Thread Information