The Redemption Of Ebeneezer Scrooge
Started by TheDruid 3X3, 26th December 2018 00:26 in Christmas Forem

1. #21 | 2098715
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

DEC

Default Re: The Redemption Of Ebeneezer Scrooge

I originally thought of making the Story longer with Scrooge officiating over the Xmas Day Dinner for Homeless People then maybe Passing Away on Xmas Night and then going on to being shown the Afterlife Rewards for his Good Change of Heart by Ghost of Xmas Future and Jacob Marley's Ghost but I cut it a bit short having him Pass Away on Xmas Eve.

I guess I could do a rewriting to make him Pass Away on Xmas Night on even during Boxing Day to make the story go on to show more of the Good Things he had done with his Alice who he had sought out and successfully wooed to Marry him after showing her how he had Changed.

Even thought of having a scene during Boxing Day when he goes to the Charity Boarding House to see after how things are getting on there and help his Alice sort some Business and even help out someone who had some unfortunate thing happen to them such as losing their Job and Scrooge finding out why they lost their Job and seeking restitution for them by getting them connected to a New Employer.

3X3
    The More People I Have Known,
    The More I Loved My TwoWhiteSocks.

2. #22 | 2098716
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

DEC

In the original Story, he lost the Respect of his Alice by becoming too Greedy and Miserly so I put it into my Short Story that he had sought her out and because of his Change of Heart that he was able to rekindle their Romance and she fell back into Love with him and then Married his a few Xmases back.

In the original Story, it takes place 7 years after Marley's Death so I set the Story to take place another 7 years after the Xmas Eve Night when the Spirits had visited him showing how he had created the Charity Boarding House with the Fortunes he had accumulated during the years that he had been a Miser.

3X3

3. #23 | 2098730
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

DEC

I am evening thinking that making it longer and him going to his Boarding House to see after Business there with Alice to write in that his Long Time Housekeeper Mrs. Dilber was Hired On to look after the Boarding House and she ended up with so much Work that she had to Hire On a Girl to help and since then, Scrooge had arranged to keep up Building Maintenance on the Furniture Making Factory that he Invested into whereupon Mrs. Dilber had to Hire On another Helper and then got offers to do Building Maintenance and Cleaning to do several other Private Residences and Factories that she was able to start a Small Cleaning Company and by 7 years later, have about a Dozen Cleaning Girls working for her with Uncle Scrooge giving them a Guinea each Xmas Boxing Day when he pops around to see how Business is going.

3X3

4. #24 | 2098732
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

DEC

I was thinking of having him Refound Feziwhigg's Old Business but realized that with Scrooge being so Elderly that Feziwhigg had long since Disappeared and Passed Away and whereabouts now Unknown.

3X3

5. #25 | 2098733
    3X3 Triad Writer
    Isle of Man

DEC

Just checked:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Fezziwig

Seems Fezziwig was a Warehouse Owner and Operator. In the American Xmas Carol made for TV Movie that starred Henry Winkler, the Business of the 'Fezziwig' Character ran an Old Fashioned Furniture Making Business and when American Scrooge goes off and finds Automation, the 'Fezziwig' Character turns it down because he does not like the quality of Workmanship is as good and Hand Made Furniture.

So Winkler goes off and works for the Automated Furniture Company and leaves 'Fezziwig' behind later on putting him Out of Business.

For that:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078764/

So I would have to do a rewriting and change how Scrooge had started a Furniture Making Company but reopened the Warehousing part of the Business and had actually tracked down a Fezziwig Descendant and made him a Manager of the Operations.

3X3

6. #26 | 2098740
    The common sense poster

DEC

TheDruid 3X3
    I originally thought of making the Story longer with Scrooge officiating over the Xmas Day Dinner for Homeless People
    It wasn't Dickens????????????????????
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

Thread Information