Remainers - it's over
Started by Scrotnig, 23rd December 2018 15:12 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2098247
    BC Member
    BC Team

DEC

Default Remainers - it's over

Even Mr Corbyn has said that if he were to win a snap general election in January, he would still press ahead with leaving the EU.

Face it Remainers....you really have lost, good and proper. There's no backing out now. We are leaving.
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #2 | 2098257
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

Default Re: Remainers - it's over

Scrotnig
    Even Mr Corbyn has said that if he were to win a snap general election in January, he would still press ahead with leaving the EU.

Face it Remainers....you really have lost, good and proper. There's no backing out now. We are leaving.
    Corbyn said exactly what had been determined at the party conference. What he's guilty of is shit communication. In that respect he's a liability...except when he's muttering stuff for lip readers. Having said that, I suspect you're right irrespective of what Corbyn said.

3. #3 | 2098262
    Fluffed out
    England

DEC

Scrotnig

Irrelevant. He won't win a snap general election in January, because there won't be one. Although a tiny majority is enough for something as trivial and unimportant as Brexit, when it comes to the serious business of having a general election outside the fixed term, parliament now requires a 2/3 majority in favour. There was no problem in 2016, because the Tories thought they'd increase their majority, but there's no way Tories will vote for losing their own power now. So even if every Labour, SNP, Green, Plaid, Lib Dem, UKIP, UUP and DUP MP voted in favour of an election - even if Sinn Fein broke their practice and turned up and voted too - there STILL wouldn't be a 2/3 majority for an election.
    Liked by: Plutonium

4. #4 | 2098264
    BC Member
    BC Team

DEC

It's more likely to come from a proper no confidence vote.

5. #5 | 2098265
    Hammond and May out
    England

DEC

I'd love to see the back of that ugly bastard, May.

She's far too cocky, politics is far more fragile than she takes it for.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2098266
    BC Member
    BC Team

DEC

Dordie
    I'd love to see the back of that ugly bastard, May.

She's far too cocky, politics is far more fragile than she takes it for.
    Yes, but then you'll get Diane Abbott.

7. #7 | 2098267
    Hammond and May out
    England

DEC

Scrotnig
    Yes, but then you'll get Diane Abbott.
    Yes, Corbyn does have a death wish.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

8. #8 | 2098509
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

DEC

Chris Mitchell
    Irrelevant. He won't win a snap general election in January, because there won't be one. Although a tiny majority is enough for something as trivial and unimportant as Brexit, when it comes to the serious business of having a general election outside the fixed term, parliament now requires a 2/3 majority in favour. There was no problem in 2016, because the Tories thought they'd increase their majority, but there's no way Tories will vote for losing their own power now. So even if every Labour, SNP, Green, Plaid, Lib Dem, UKIP, UUP and DUP MP voted in favour of an election - even if Sinn Fein broke their practice and turned up and voted too - there STILL wouldn't be a 2/3 majority for an election.
    I wrote to my MP, a veteran left winger and Brexiteer, about my concerns on the dangers of crashing out of the EU without a deal. He replied saying he wanted the deal to be voted down because there would then be an election.

This seems to be the problem with the thinking of our current politicians. An election won't resolve the issue of No Deal. We need politicians who can think out of the box.

9. #9 | 2098510
    Smiter of the high and mighty.
    Google it.
    England

DEC

A big win for democracy and it put the leftie winters in their place. That's the main thing.
    Liked by: Scrotnig, sphinx

10. #10 | 2098538
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

DEC

Lord Ponsonby
    A big win for democracy and it put the leftie winters in their place. That's the main thing.
    What's a leftie winter?

Thread Information