Michael Connelly
Started by Luna, 3rd December 2018 07:17 in Poetry, Books & Writing

1. #1 | 2096187
    BC Member
    Ireland

DEC

Default Michael Connelly

Any Michael Connelly fans in here? I used to be - but it is wearing off now.

I liked his 'Harry Bosch' series of detective/crime novels, also the 'Mickey Haller' series of courtroom novels. Now he has introduced a new character - a female detective named Renee Ballard - and I just cannot warm to her. She is not as believable as his other characters, also, his style of writing has changed.

2. #2 | 2096354
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

DEC

Default Re: Michael Connelly

I had never heard of Michael Connelly, so looked him up on Pluto's favourite site.

He is not my kind of author.....not keen on anything set in the US of A....nor on detective stories. So I think I shall give him a miss.

A friend was talking to me the other day, about a similar sounding author : Jonathan Kellerman...who also has a wife who writes in similar vein to him. Have to say I had never heard of him either.

Both these authors are obviously highly thought of and prolific....maybe I should extend my range of reading matter to include fictional detectives residing in America?

3. #3 | 2096433
    BC Member
    BC Team

DEC

Default Re: Michael Connelly

I've read a few of Jonathan & Faye Kellerman's books. They each write about a separate detective, both of whom work in the same LA police force, and sometimes the two characters cross over into each other's books. They are very clever.

Thread Information