School fines parent - with letter full of mistakes
Started by Scrotnig, 11th August 2018 00:06 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2085681
    BC Member
    BC Team

AUG

Default School fines parent - with letter full of mistakes

Hahahahaha it must be something about people in education. "Do as I say, not as I do"....the eternal mantra of the teacher, etc.

Click Here

This chap was 'fined' by his son's school for daring to go on holiday (this practice is a scandal in itself), however just look at the state of the letter he was sent.

Accordingly, he sent it back 'marked'!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please note that any pointing out of abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to swear at me for pointing out abuse is clearly a leftie who’s been bested in an argument and who’s also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Scrotnig. Have a nice abuse-free day.

2. #2 | 2085694
    BC Member

AUG

Default Re: School fines parent - with letter full of mistakes

Interesting. Who gets the money (if it is paid)?

Rich people who take their children out of school for a holiday will not begrudge an extra £60.

What exactly is 'the law' on sending children to school? I know of parents who 'educate at home' and their children don't go to school at all.

When a child is 'excluded' from school does the school have to pay a fine to the parents?
    meet me where the sukebind grows

3. #3 | 2085700
    WHAT !!!

AUG

Phoebe

Rich people who take their children out of school for a holiday will not begrudge an extra £60.

What exactly is 'the law' on sending children to school? I know of parents who 'educate at home' and their children don't go to school at all.

When a child is 'excluded' from school does the school have to pay a fine to the parents?

The law is designed to stop parents taking kids out of school without reason, but the holiday firms rip everyone off in the holiday times because they know they can.
    By the way, I don't recall seeing you on this forum before - do you fuck on the first date?
    Growing in eternal lines to time

4. #4 | 2085722
    Hammond and May out
    England

AUG

Scrotnig
    Hahahahaha it must be something about people in education. "Do as I say, not as I do"....the eternal mantra of the teacher, etc.

Click Here

This chap was 'fined' by his son's school for daring to go on holiday (this practice is a scandal in itself), however just look at the state of the letter he was sent.

Who wrote the letter, was it Forker?
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: Memnoch, sphinx

5. #5 | 2085744
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Scrotnig

Click Here

According to the letter you attached, he was invited by the Council, not the school, to pay a "penalty" of £60 to avoid being prosecuted and potentially fined £1,000.
    The law requires the parents or guardians of a registered pupil to ensure the pupil attends. The opt out is of course home schooling, but you can't use that as a temporary get-out because you can't flip back and forth - either you register for school or home. So he broke the law, that much is very clear cut and I have no problem with the facts of that.
    However, demanding that someone give you money to avoid prosecution is blackmail, and capitulating to such a demand is tantamount to bribery. They are threatening to prosecute this person under the Education Act, fair enough, but the Education Act is enforced by the courts, not local politicians.
    And what of the money they're demanding? Where does that go? They're not achieving anything in terms of enforcing the Act, because anyone who can afford to take their child on a six week holiday isn't going to miss sixty quid. All they're doing is demanding unearned money with menaces, like a speed camera.
    If a person is suspected of an offence then then it should be a court of law and no one else that decides what to do about it. Offering cut-price "fines" out of court just encourages more people to pay a small fee for the right to commit the same offence. This is blatant profiteering and is morally indefensible.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2085789
    BC Member

AUG

But how do tey expect the pupils to get spelling right with a letter like that? Appalling.
    Honey

7. #7 | 2085790
    BC Member

AUG

Phoebe

And what about when the teachers go on strike.
    Honey
    Liked by: sphinx

8. #8 | 2085819
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

AUG

Scrotnig
    however just look at the state of the letter he was sent.
    .........hmmmm, they blame it on a new IT printing system..........."round things" it's appalling spelling and typing by a secretary somewhere, earning too much money.

9. #9 | 2085821
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

superwoman
    .........hmmmm, they blame it on a new IT printing system...
    Yes, my printer makes spelling mistakes too. I type "Dear Sir or Madam, I wish to bring a matter to your urgent attention" and it comes out "Oy, tosspot, what the fuck do you think you're playing at?" It's very distracting.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: sphinx, superwoman

10. #10 | 2085822
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

AUG

Memnoch
    Yes, my printer makes spelling mistakes too. I type "Dear Sir or Madam, I wish to bring a matter to your urgent attention" and it comes out "Oy, tosspot, what the fuck do you think you're playing at?" It's very distracting.
    genuine LOL

Thread Information