went for a walk tonight...........
Started by superwoman, 25th August 2017 20:41 in Photography & Art

1. #31 | 2046078
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

Default Re: went for a walk tonight...........

Yes, difficult to do during the week but it was mostly because it got so competitive. Going into Autumn, I'm just going to do 40 minutes to an hour each evening and do more at weekends.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: sphinx

2. #32 | 2046084
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Alice
    One colleague in particular was regularly showing 30,000 steps a day and I can tell you from experience that's virtually impossible.
    I haven't got anything to count steps but at a calculated guess I would say 20,000 to 30,000 is normal for me most days. If I were still working that would be difficult as I had a sedentary job, but certainly not impossible.

(My estimate is based on 2½ft per pace, 100 paces a minute and anywhere from two to four hours a day.)
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

3. #33 | 2046087
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Memnoch
    (My estimate is based on 2½ft per pace, 100 paces a minute and anywhere from two to four hours a day.)
    OK, my arithmetic's rubbish... that's 12,000 to 24,000 steps.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

4. #34 | 2046088
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

Memnoch
    I haven't got anything to count steps but at a calculated guess I would say 20,000 to 30,000 is normal for me most days. If I were still working that would be difficult as I had a sedentary job, but certainly not impossible.

(My estimate is based on 2½ft per pace, 100 paces a minute and two hours a day.)

Yes, 20,000 to 30,000 is easily possible if you're not working. I do those sort of numbers at weekends and in the holidays but to achieve that during a working day I'd have to go out at each end of the day for an hour or so. I can think of one walk, in particular, I do to the next village and back, it's about 5.5 miles and about 11,000 steps for me.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.

5. #35 | 2046090
    Independent
    United Kingdom

AUG

Alice
    I can think of one walk, in particular, I do to the next village and back, it's about 5.5 miles and about 11,000 steps for me.
    When you say that to people who don't walk, it sounds like a lot, but a leisurely two hour stroll around the park, or Sainsbury's and back via the circular route, is about 5 miles. I've bought more shoes in the last two years than in the previous twenty!
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

6. #36 | 2046091
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

AUG

I've been enjoying my walks, but it would be more fun if I had a dog with me.
    Liked by: sphinx

7. #37 | 2046092
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

Memnoch
    When you say that to people who don't walk, it sounds like a lot, but a leisurely two hour stroll around the park, or Sainsbury's and back via the circular route, is about 5 miles. I've bought more shoes in the last two years than in the previous twenty!
    I got a pair of Skechers Go 4 a Walk in April, I wanted something lightweight for summer, and I wore them out by June. I'm on my second pair now. I'm dreading going back to a heavier walking shoe necessary for the Autumn/Winter months.

8. #38 | 2046093
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

superwoman
    I've been enjoying my walks, but it would be more fun if I had a dog with me.
    I have created a 'walking songs' playlist to listen to, I can walk much farther and much quicker when listening to music.

9. #39 | 2046094
    Clique? What Clique?
    England

AUG

Alice
    Yes, 20,000 to 30,000 is easily possible if you're not working.
    I walk more at work, even nights if I'm not in "the chair".
    Days we walk plenty and at night it's not unknown to walk from Mudchute to Lewisham, that's about five miles and we can do it twice and walk around the stations too while we're busy and that's in steel toe cap boots.
    The bloke I was mentioning does 8 miles whilst sat in "the chair" and he's a lazy buggar!

10. #40 | 2046096
    Just an allusion
    England

AUG

nicknotnicked
    I walk more at work, even nights if I'm not in "the chair".
    Days we walk plenty and at night it's not unknown to walk from Mudchute to Lewisham, that's about five miles and we can do it twice and walk around the stations too while we're busy.
    Have you ever tracked yourself? You can do it just using an app, you don't actually need to get a fitbit if you only want to know how far you're walking.

Thread Information