'Shootings' reported in central Paris
Started by Scrotnig, 13th November 2015 21:12 in News & Current Affairs

1. #31 | 1934812
    only here in spirit *hic*
    United Kingdom

NOV

Default Re: 'Shootings' reported in central Paris

After the talks the other day, I think there is no choice but to suspend the schengen agreement. The most disturbing thing is the apparent fact that some military hardware, such as AK-47s and grenades were used, and utilised seemingly so quickly after the "Jihadi John" attack. It's not about him though, apparently several senior members were killed in the attacks. These are cells that have been in France for some time I reckon, and I think the French Authorities might be a little red-faced.

But obviously this will raise the alert level in other countries. I'm going to be travelling between Waterloo and St. Pancras on the tube on Christmas Eve lunch-time, and my immediate reaction is to see about getting a lift from someone outside of London... but then that kind of thinking means they have won.
    Liked by: Fork Me

2. #32 | 1934813
    Hammond and May out
    England

NOV

Durgemeister
    but then that kind of thinking means they have won
    This is not the time to think about won or lost, it is a time to think about your own safety.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: Durgemeister, sphinx

3. #33 | 1934818
    Important staff person.
    Unbiased admin.
    BC Team
    South Africa

NOV

I am a little annoyed at the way the News reporters are saying that people 'have died' .

No, that sounds as if there was an accident, or a sudden rush of disease.

The people have been KILLED....MURDERED.... by Muslims who find the deaths of innocent people and children amusing. Those same people who degrade women, and carry out all kinds of killings of people (and animals) in atrocious ways. Just for fun.

Nuke the lot of them.
    REES-MOGG for PM

4. #34 | 1934819
    United Kingdom

NOV

Dordie
    This is not the time to think about won or lost, it is a time to think about your own safety.
    Maybe so. Another way of looking at it is to consider how many such incidents have happened in France in the last year, and compare it to here. The only problem is that while the intelligence services might be on top of things here, all the cuts will may have fucked up the amount of "boots on the ground".

Meanwhile, the number is now about 140 in total. Worst attack in France since the last war.

5. #35 | 1934824
    United Kingdom

NOV

sphinx
    I am a little annoyed at the way the News reporters are saying that people 'have died' .

No, that sounds as if there was an accident, or a sudden rush of disease.

The people have been KILLED....MURDERED.... by Muslims who find the deaths of innocent people and children amusing. Those same people who degrade women, and carry out all kinds of killings of people (and animals) in atrocious ways. Just for fun.

Nuke the lot of them.
    That's the thing, there are only 9 nations in the world that have Nukes, and us and the French are the only ones in Europe. If this is retaliation for the killing of senior members of ISIS, it wouldn't be justified morally even in conventional war. When these "Senior members" have advocated the brutal murder of anyone that didn't follow the same religion, or the same sect/side of the religion, or played music, or destroyed historic buildings because of their religion, yet still quite happy to sell any artefacts... etc... etc.. and they have sanctioned killing innocents, it is totally out of proportion, and not in a million years even slightly sane, or morally right.
    Liked by: Fork Me

6. #36 | 1934825
    BC Member
    Indonesia

NOV

Calidore
    Probably Muslims but I don't see what France can do...why are they targetted, what have they done, lately?
    France started air strikes in September, entering the war.
    If this was ISIS, it's because France went to war on them first.

Sadly, civilians might well be paying the price for their politician's stupidity.

7. #37 | 1934826
    BC Member
    Indonesia

NOV

Durgemeister
    and they have sanctioned killing innocents, it is totally out of proportion, and not in a million years even slightly sane, or morally right.
    Agreed without reservation.
    This is also true of America, the main weapons supplier for ISIS, and the country that caused the chain of events that led to the formation of ISIS.
    Do you agree?

8. #38 | 1934827
    Hammond and May out
    England

NOV

I criticised Corbyn and his twattish idea to arrest Jihadi John and put him on trial. Tonight I received notification that someone has asked...is it right to kill someone without trial? Well fuck me....his cold blooded killings have been well documented what more fucking proof is required?
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx

9. #39 | 1934828
    BC Member
    Indonesia

NOV

Dordie
    Also agreed.
    The UK should stop all operations in that area, stop support for Israel and withdraw any and all support for American operations.
    That and get Blair into a court for war crimes.
    If that were to happen, terrorist revenge attacks against the UK would stop.

10. #40 | 1934830
    BC Member
    Indonesia

NOV

sphinx
    Very probably by extremist Muslims, not Muslims in general.
    That collective blame is what the terrorists use to justify attacks against their innocent civilians.

Thread Information