Micabella, Meadowhall ~ Rip off bastards
Started by Mr Fred, 15th September 2015 02:15 in Talk & Chat

1. #41 | 1923513
    Just an allusion
    England

SEP

Default Re: Micabella, Meadowhall ~ Rip off bastards

Reg Perrin
    Families will have their own strategies for dealing with the declining capacity of their parents, I know fuck all about Freds situation but I'm in a similar situation myself in that I'm not on the doorstep. This being the case we as a society need to rethink our whole thinking around the care and protection of the elderly and vulnerable. It's everyone's responsibility rather than in Joe's scenario where no-one other than the individual concerned has responsibility or Pluto's "get your family to sort it" scenario. Both those scenarios abdicate OUR responsibility and we have some.
    Well maybe families shouldn't be abdicating their responsibility. And if we are too far from our parents when they become vulnerable we may need to make difficult choices, moving closer to them or moving them closer to us. It's a nice idea but we can't rely on other people to look out for our families.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Cynic, Plutonium

2. #42 | 1923514
    BC Member
    Cyprus

SEP

Reg Perrin
    Families will have their own strategies for dealing with the declining capacity of their parents, I know fuck all about Freds situation but I'm in a similar situation myself in that I'm not on the doorstep. This being the case we as a society need to rethink our whole thinking around the care and protection of the elderly and vulnerable. It's everyone's responsibility rather than in Joe's scenario where no-one other than the individual concerned has responsibility or Pluto's "get your family to sort it" scenario. Both those scenarios abdicate OUR responsibility and we have some.
    Whilst I can see what you say, I don;t think it would be feasible, or even possible, to train all shop staff to spot which people are too vulnerable to buy their products. Let's be frank, it's not always the not astute individuals who end up working behind the counters in shops.

This is just an expensive shop selling niche products, that in itself is not a ripoff. The receipt looks to me to be the result of a barcode scanner (the way product names and prices come up next to each other) which suggests strongly that it's the shops normal prices. Neither you nor I know Fred's mother so we don't know how obviously vulnerable she is. There are plenty of rich old ladies who use shops like that.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.
    Liked by: Plutonium

3. #43 | 1923517
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Fork Me
    Whilst I can see what you say, I don;t think it would be feasible, or even possible, to train all shop staff to spot which people are too vulnerable to buy their products. Let's be frank, it's not always the not astute individuals who end up working behind the counters in shops.

This is just an expensive shop selling niche products, that in itself is not a ripoff. The receipt looks to me to be the result of a barcode scanner (the way product names and prices come up next to each other) which suggests strongly that it's the shops normal prices. Neither you nor I know Fred's mother so we don't know how obviously vulnerable she is. There are plenty of rich old ladies who use shops like that.
    Absolutely, we don't know Fred's mother and we don't know how far she is approaching dementia and how obviously vulnerable she may appear. And it's a grey area, what the legal responsibilities of shop staff are, in that situation. If someone is selling alcohol, they should not sell it to a person who is obviously drunk. Is there a similar rule about dementia? Fred just comes charging in like a bull in a china shop, saying it is all the fault of the "bitches" in Micabella, for selling goods to his mother at the advertised price. They didn't force her to go into the shop.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

4. #44 | 1923521
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Alice
    Well maybe families shouldn't be abdicating their responsibility. And if we are too far from our parents when they become vulnerable we may need to make difficult choices, moving closer to them or moving them closer to us. It's a nice idea but we can't rely on other people to look out for our families.
    Like I said, this is and can be a long journey of decline or it can happen overnight. It's like the reverse of gradually letting go with your developing child, you're gradually taking back as your parents become incapacitated. They may well be resistant to help.
    The fact remains, and I'm answering FM's post here as well.....it doesn't take sophisticated training to spot and deal with vulnerable people. The very fact that it's considered difficult just demonstrates how far we've declined in terms of our social responsibilities. I would like to think that were Smiler or Little'Un shop assistants in that shop they would have sensitively assessed that situation, and responded appropriately. If you find that possibility incomprehensibly hard to undertake, I'd question your own social skills, if you find it to be somehow socially unacceptable, I'd question your own sense of Social responsibility and if you just think it's someone else's problem, and where the fuck are the family? I'd just say you've no idea about how life and family life pans out.

5. #45 | 1923522
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

BTW Fred has said his mum is developing dementia.....remember those FACTS you're so fond of quoting Pluto?

6. #46 | 1923524
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Reg Perrin
    BTW Fred has said his mum is developing dementia.....remember those FACTS you're so fond of quoting Pluto?
    I've already dealt with that point.

7. #47 | 1923525
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Plutonium
    I've already dealt with that point.
    You've "dealt" with fuck all. You've written words in a post. You are emotionally inarticulate.

8. #48 | 1923526
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Reg Perrin
    Like I said, this is and can be a long journey of decline or it can happen overnight. It's like the reverse of gradually letting go with your developing child, you're gradually taking back as your parents become incapacitated. They may well be resistant to help.
    The fact remains, and I'm answering FM's post here as well.....it doesn't take sophisticated training to spot and deal with vulnerable people. The very fact that it's considered difficult just demonstrates how far we've declined in terms of our social responsibilities. I would like to think that were Smiler or Little'Un shop assistants in that shop they would have sensitively assessed that situation, and responded appropriately. If you find that possibility incomprehensibly hard to undertake, I'd question your own social skills, if you find it to be somehow socially unacceptable, I'd question your own sense of Social responsibility and if you just think it's someone else's problem, and where the fuck are the family? I'd just say you've no idea about how life and family life pans out.
    As a social worker, you are trained to spot vulnerable people. You cannot assume that others have that same level of professional skill and experience. A 17-year-old shop assistant on a training scheme, perhaps.

9. #49 | 1923527
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Plutonium
    As a social worker, you are trained to spot vulnerable people. You cannot assume that others have that same level of professional skill and experience. A 17-year-old shop assistant on a training scheme, perhaps.
    What a fuckin cop out. You mean YOU couldn't spot an 80 year old woman with dementia? For Fucks sake.

10. #50 | 1923528
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Reg Perrin
    You've "dealt" with fuck all. You've written words in a post. You are emotionally inarticulate.
    As the saying goes, when the argument is lost, the abuse starts. You can always tell when somebody is in trouble with an argument, when they resort to personal comments.

Thread Information