Micabella, Meadowhall ~ Rip off bastards
Started by Mr Fred, 15th September 2015 02:15 in Talk & Chat

1. #31 | 1923494
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Default Re: Micabella, Meadowhall ~ Rip off bastards

Alice
    No crime appears to have been committed here, so what would be your advice to Fred, Reg?
    My advice to Fred would always be to fuck right off. My advice to Joe 90 and Plutonium would be don't get old.

2. #32 | 1923495
    Just an allusion
    England

SEP

Reg Perrin
    Do you actually have any relationships?
    Why don't you try answering Pluto's question?
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Joe 90

3. #33 | 1923496
    Clique? What Clique?
    England

SEP

Hey Fred, I take it you sent back the Christmas pressies your Mum sent you then?

4. #34 | 1923498
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Reg Perrin
    This is an issue we're dealing with right now with my parents. The issue of them relinquishing some areas of responsibility to their children is a fraught emotional journey.....can you imagine that? It also takes time, not just in undertaking the legal process but in reaching and more importantly accepting that the point has been reached where it is necessary. You just issue a sweeping statement with as much insight and care into this issue as Joe 90 has, who was pissed off because I'd insulted his Used car salesman mates...as if they're the most trustworthy "profession" going...
    I accept that it's a difficult position to be in, but to what extent are the staff of Micabella responsible for the situation? An elderly woman walks into their store and wants to spend money. The woman is clearly concerned to find products that will counter the effects of ageing, which is understandable. If she wanted to buy 200 teddy bears, that might well send warning bells ringing that she was a few cards short of the full deck. Her son sees the store receipt and goes apeshit, and thinks it is all the store staff's fault that they allowed his mother to spend such money without his permission. It's just not that black and white, I'm afraid.
    Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

5. #35 | 1923499
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

SEP

Reg Perrin
    Do you actually have any relationships?
    Below the belt.
    Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

6. #36 | 1923500
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Alice
    Why don't you try answering Pluto's question?
    I have, I've indicated that relinquishing power of attorney by older people and obtaining it by children or whoever, isn't simply a case recognising overnight that someone is no longer capable of looking after themselves. It's a long and painful journey punctuated with incidents such as this that accumulate over time. The two sides of this argument, Joe 90 saying tough shit, the sellers have no responsibility and Pluto's , if she's doolally get it sorted are both simplistic, naive, callous and ignorant.

7. #37 | 1923502
    BC Member
    Cyprus

SEP

Reg Perrin
    Perhaps it is, but are you personally acquainted with his mum?
    It's not his Mum I'm commenting on, it's him.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service announcement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

8. #38 | 1923503
    Just an allusion
    England

SEP

Reg Perrin
    I have, I've indicated that relinquishing power of attorney by older people and obtaining it by children or whoever, isn't simply a case recognising overnight that someone is no longer capable of looking after themselves. It's a long and painful journey punctuated with incidents such as this that accumulate over time. The two sides of this argument, Joe 90 saying tough shit, the sellers have no responsibility and Pluto's , if she's doolally get it sorted are both simplistic, naive, callous and ignorant.
    OK, so I'll ask you once again, what advice would you offer to Fred other than telling him to fuck right off?

I expect a lot of us in here are of an age to have some idea of what it's like to go or be going through this with our own parents so don't assume you have a monopoly.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Fork Me

9. #39 | 1923504
    Just an allusion
    England

SEP

And maybe this thread has struck a nerve with some of us and made us think about whether this could happen to our own Mother.

10. #40 | 1923508
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

SEP

Alice
    OK, so I'll ask you once again, what advice would you offer to Fred other than telling him to fuck right off?

I expect a lot of us in here are of an age to have some idea of what it's like to go or be going through this with our own parents so don't assume you have a monopoly.
    Families will have their own strategies for dealing with the declining capacity of their parents, I know fuck all about Freds situation but I'm in a similar situation myself in that I'm not on the doorstep. This being the case we as a society need to rethink our whole thinking around the care and protection of the elderly and vulnerable. It's everyone's responsibility rather than in Joe's scenario where no-one other than the individual concerned has responsibility or Pluto's "get your family to sort it" scenario. Both those scenarios abdicate OUR responsibility and we have some.
    Liked by: parsonstreet

Thread Information