How come typing in Android is so difficult?
Started by Calidore, 16th May 2015 15:30 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #1 | 1902077
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

MAY

Default How come typing in Android is so difficult?

As soon as I try to delete something in chrome, eg on here, Facebook, Amazon (listing books descriptions, Oxford Mail etc, I get a load of deleted words reappearing and sometimes at another position in the text...

What is this and how can it be stopped, it's just appaling, makes editing almost impossible. I don't feel like using the app for everything, in fact a lot of places don't have an app.

2. #2 | 1902078
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Re: How come typing in Android is so difficult?

Android is a Lefty and tries to suitably alter the things you say.

3. #3 | 1902224
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

MAY

Oh, it's because i had predictive enalbed, that makes deleting nearly unworkable as it keeps trying to put back all the words it suggested, like a dog with a bone.

4. #4 | 1902225
    Clique? What Clique?
    England

MAY

Calidore
    As soon as I try to delete something in chrome, eg on here, Facebook, Amazon (listing books descriptions, Oxford Mail etc, I get a load of deleted words reappearing and sometimes at another position in the text...

What is this and how can it be stopped, it's just appaling, makes editing almost impossible. I don't feel like using the app for everything, in fact a lot of places don't have an app.
    When typing with Android and using predictive text you will see, above the keyboard a highlighted choice of word, you can touch this to use and save the word.

5. #5 | 1902227
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

MAY

I was using this and once you've done so the words are a bugger to delete and keep reappearing like shoots from a not dead tree stump. So I've switched it off and have to contend with writing the apostrophe in it's all the time. A real bad mark for my phone and my tablet. Thing is I like Sony things and am due a new phone soon. What to go for. Mmm.

6. #6 | 1902228
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

MAY

Also it was good for describing books because it remembered what words I have used next to what words, so sometimes I just could write a whole description by touching the word from the six or seven it suggested as having been used next in the sequence some time before.

Didn't work for forum posts which of course require speed and originality.

7. #7 | 1902234
    BC Member
    Cyprus

MAY

Calidore
    Also it was good for describing books because it remembered what words I have used next to what words, so sometimes I just could write a whole description by touching the word from the six or seven it suggested as having been used next in the sequence some time before.

Didn't work for forum posts which of course require speed and originality.
    Mine was suddenly coming up with odd nonsense words as well as English ones. When I went into setting I'd somehow turned Romanian on as well as English. Turning that back off solved the problem and now it's back to being good.
    Please note that any abuse in this post is both intentional and deserved.

Anyone that feels the need to further point out that it contains abuse is clearly a total fucking moron who's also insulting YOUR intelligence by pointing out the bleeding obvious as if you were too fucking dumb to notice it.

This has been a public service annoncement by Fork Me. Have a nice fucking day.

8. #8 | 1902235
    BC Member
    BC Team

MAY

Fork Me
    Mine was suddenly coming up with odd nonsense words as well as English ones. When I went into setting I'd somehow turned Romanian on as well as English. Turning that back off solved the problem and now it's back to being good.
    Sure it wasn't because you'd smashed it up in a temper?
    Climate change is NOT an emergency

9. #9 | 1902237
    an enemy of the status
    Vatican City State

MAY

yes, if you hold down some keys long enough you get strange languages and even strange scripts. Apple doesn't suffer from these typing problems but I don't want an iPhone, particularly..

10. #10 | 1902240
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Calidore
    yes, if you hold down some keys long enough you get strange languages and even strange scripts. Apple doesn't suffer from these typing problems but I don't want an iPhone, particularly..
    Change your keyboard to Slide-it. Fantastic.

Thread Information