I didn't know that....
Started by Reg Perrin, 22nd March 2015 19:04 in Computers, Phones & Gadgets

1. #21 | 1892840
    only here in spirit *hic*
    United Kingdom

MAR

Default Re: I didn't know that....

Plutonium
    I used to use Firefox but have switched to Chrome, largely because I cannot get Firefox to open PDFs. As a lot of content on the web is in PDF format, this was getting to be a big pain.
    It's been Opera for a while for me, although I did use FF for a while. I prefer the layout of Opera over Chrome. However, I use Chrome as a secondary Browser, as - very rarely - there is an issue that Opera may have with a website.

I use Dolphin on the Tablet, although the reasoning - slowing the machine down - seems to be true of all Browsers now. Not sure what Dolphin would be like on the PC, might give it a go.

There was news recently that Internet Explorer is officially on it's way out. It appears to be much more than a re-branding, and about time !.

2. #22 | 1892841
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

I'm not a great fan of Firefox and I hate Nestcafe.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

3. #23 | 1892856
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAR

Plutonium
    I used to use Firefox but have switched to Chrome, largely because I cannot get Firefox to open PDFs. As a lot of content on the web is in PDF format, this was getting to be a big pain.
    Aha - Thank you, Plutonium, that has just answered a question for me. I have just downloaded some freebie graphics and was wondering why they would not open. They are in PDF format and I am using Firefox. I wondered about using Chrome - but had heard it had a lot of security issues a while back - have these been resolved now and would you recommend it as a safe browser ?

4. #24 | 1892872
    Hammond and May out
    England

MAR

Luna
    Aha - Thank you, Plutonium, that has just answered a question for me. I have just downloaded some freebie graphics and was wondering why they would not open. They are in PDF format and I am using Firefox. I wondered about using Chrome - but had heard it had a lot of security issues a while back - have these been resolved now and would you recommend it as a safe browser ?
    It is a safe browser, there is no question about it.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!

5. #25 | 1892981
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAR

Thank you, Dordie, will have a look at it later!

6. #26 | 1893086
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

MAR

Luna
    Couldn't say for sure, I always thought the browser with the greatest reputation for insecurity is IE. Whichever browser you use, you must run a firewall and anti-virus software. There's an add-on called Web of Trust, which warns you about websites with poor reputations. https://www.mywot.com/ . What I find, though, is that it gives warnings about sites which simply have controversial views, rather than just sites which are likely to harm your computer or steal your data.
    JOHNSON OUT - "Elected" by 0.14% of the population

Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

7. #27 | 1893292
    BC Member
    Ireland

MAR

Thank you, Plutonium, that is good advice.

Thread Information