Eurovision reality check
Started by Memnoch, 19th May 2019 17:40 in Talk & Chat

1. #1 | 2116836
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Eurovision reality check

"They hate us because of Brexit" etc etc and so on and so on... and so convinced was I of the inevitable outcome I didn't even bother to watch the voting. (I usually skip the actual songs and just watch the voting)

But hold on a sec: The only country that gave us points in the public vote was Ireland - an EU colony justifiably worried about what Brexit may mean for them. Doesn't really chime with idea that UK coming last - again - is revenge for Brexit. And I gather everyone hated the Master Race's entry too.

Could it be that the songs we send to this contest are basically just shit after all?

That Charleston type thing we sent a little while ago was I thought a pretty good song but could not have been performed more badly on the night. Other than that, we've been offering up some real crap for quite a long time now.
    The UK produces great music and most of what you hear on pop stations throughout Europe, including the EU, is British, but we have a habit of sending garbage to Eurovision. I'd like to think it's because we don't take it seriously, but something tells me far too many of us do. Probably the same people who think the X-Factor is culturally significant.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

2. #2 | 2116837
    Just an allusion
    England

MAY

Default Re: Eurovision reality check

We lost, get over it.
    Amusing smilies aside, you ought to realise that beneath what may sometimes appear to be banter, I do in fact despise you. Don't be flattered, my contempt is free to all lefties who support the indoctrination of children. ~ Memnoch, Dec 2014.
    Liked by: Memnoch

3. #3 | 2116838
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

Default Re: Eurovision reality check

Alice
    We lost, get over it.
    I can't. Haven't you been paying attention? I am very distraught today and this is really stressing me out on top of all the other unbearable stresses like parson being mean to me and, and, and... well no, that's it really. Can I have a hug?
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: Alice, sphinx

Thread Information