Brexit without a deal
Started by PhilipR, 19th October 2017 23:34 in Brexit Forum

1. #1 | 2054122
    no nonsense

OCT

Default Brexit without a deal

Now, I did actually vote leave, but what is the scenario if we cannot obtain a deal with the EU for after we leave?

It's worrying, and I think it may have a short term impact, but those of us of a certain age remember life BEFORE the EU/EC/EEC/Common Market, and we managed perfectly fine back then. I think we will be ok.
    Philip Rawlings
    Liked by: sphinx, superwoman

2. #2 | 2054344
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

OCT

Default Re: Brexit without a deal

We would fall back on World Trade Organisation rules. But those would not prevent tariffs on UK goods exported to the EU.

What I find interesting is the shifting position of the Brexiteers. Before the referendum they assured us we would still have access to the Single Market. Now we won't. They started off by saying a "deal" with the EU would be easy to negotiate, now reality is kicking in and they're talking about leaving with "no deal". What a con.
    Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

3. #3 | 2054346
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

OCT

Plutonium
    We would fall back on World Trade Organisation rules. But those would not prevent tariffs on UK goods exported to the EU.

What I find interesting is the shifting position of the Brexiteers. Before the referendum they assured us we would still have access to the Single Market. Now we won't. They started off by saying a "deal" with the EU would be easy to negotiate, now reality is kicking in and they're talking about leaving with "no deal". What a con.
    They know fuck all about anything. How could anyone be conned by that bus or believe ALL the bullshit about Sovereignty, the Power of the Courts, immigration controls etc etc.....they're just fuckin losers.

4. #4 | 2054347
    Johnson OUT
    St Lucia

OCT

Reg Perrin
    They know fuck all about anything. How could anyone be conned by that bus or believe ALL the bullshit about Sovereignty, the Power of the Courts, immigration controls etc etc.....they're just fuckin losers.
    What baffles me is the Brexiteers now deny that any claim was made about saving 350 million in weekly payments to the EU. It was written on the side of a sodding bus FFS.
    Free Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

Stand up to cyber bullying

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...erbullying.htm

5. #5 | 2054348
    BC Member
    BC Team

OCT

Some of us voted Leave because we do not wish this country to be ruled by unelected foreigners, which increasingly, we were.

The EU is little more than Germany trying to take over Europe...again....no thanks.

Common trading area = great
    Federal EU superstate = not great
    Liked by: sphinx

6. #6 | 2054361
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

OCT

Scrotnig
    Some of us voted Leave because we do not wish this country to be ruled by unelected foreigners, which increasingly, we were.

The EU is little more than Germany trying to take over Europe...again....no thanks.

Common trading area = great
    Federal EU superstate = not great
    Even if that was the direction we could veto it. Now we can't. Good move.

7. #7 | 2054364
    BC Member
    BC Team

OCT

Reg Perrin
    Even if that was the direction we could veto it.
    But we never did, because our government arrogantly and repeatedly refused to submit to the will of the people.

So, when the electorate got a chance to (effectively) FORCE them to veto it by quitting the whole damn thing completely - look what happens.

What the EU referendum showed us is that the UK government (of whatever flavour) needs to start listening to the people. Instead we have you remainers trying to do the same old failed trick of imposing your will on everyone else.

We voted out, we're leaving....and that is the end of that.

Next time public opinion is sending a loud and clear message about something, perhaps we might get the government listening. Though I'm not holding my breath because they STILL don't get it.
    Liked by: nicknotnicked, sphinx

8. #8 | 2054365
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

OCT

Scrotnig
    But we never did, because our government arrogantly and repeatedly refused to submit to the will of the people.

So, when the electorate got a chance to (effectively) FORCE them to veto it by quitting the whole damn thing completely - look what happens.

What the EU referendum showed us is that the UK government (of whatever flavour) needs to start listening to the people. Instead we have you remainers trying to do the same old failed trick of imposing your will on everyone else.

We voted out, we're leaving....and that is the end of that.

Next time public opinion is sending a loud and clear message about something, perhaps we might get the government listening. Though I'm not holding my breath because they STILL don't get it.
    The UK repeatedly veto'd the idea of an EU Army. That is now back on the cards and we have no influence whatsoever to stop it. In any organisation there will be pro's and con's. We have thrown away all the pro's and given up any influence over the con's.

9. #9 | 2054372
    BC Member
    England

OCT

Reg Perrin
    The UK repeatedly veto'd the idea of an EU Army. That is now back on the cards and we have no influence whatsoever to stop it. In any organisation there will be pro's and con's. We have thrown away all the pro's and given up any influence over the con's.
    We've beat the bastards twice, we can do it again.
    The European Union is Nazism under a new banner.
    Perrin is right about Cameron, on everything else he is wrong.
    Fork Me is a decent type, pity he's such a twat!
    Liked by: sphinx, superwoman

10. #10 | 2054374
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

OCT

Dordie
    We've beat the bastards twice, we can do it again.
    For fucks sake....

Thread Information