Tommy Robinson to face new contempt charges
Started by Plutonium, 14th May 2019 22:49 in News & Current Affairs

1. #1 | 2115980
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAY

Default Tommy Robinson to face new contempt charges

Tommy Robinson is to face new charges of contempt of court over a Facebook broadcast that could have prejudiced a jury in a trial.

His actions could have led to the collapse of the trial with a cost of thousands of pounds of taxpayers' (your and my) money.

I look forward to the howls of protest from the usual suspects on this forum (not about him prejudicing the trial, but about the charges being revived).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48273780

2. #2 | 2115990
    Mad as a spoon

MAY

Default Re: Tommy Robinson to face new contempt charges

He is comtempable.
    I'm a low educated, total guttersnipe, dim witted moron.

3. #3 | 2116017
    Official Forker the Porker
    stalker
    Pakistan

MAY

They'll never silence him.
    Rees Mogg for PM

4. #4 | 2116024
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

bill jarvis
    They'll never silence him.
    Well, they will if he's saying something illegal. And with that in mind, I'd like to know whether someone not even necessarily talking about someone who's involved in an ongoing case but merely attempting to film them counts as saying something illegal, and if so why newspapers, tv stations and YouTubers aren't charged with contempt several times every day, including in particular those reporting on Tommy Robinson being charged with contempt. Or for that matter, us for discussing it?
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.
    Liked by: bill jarvis

5. #5 | 2116026
    Independent
    United Kingdom

MAY

Just for fun I've had a look and found several videos online about how Robinson is guilty and must be imprisoned forever etc. I'll sell my house and donate the proceeds to the SWP if just one of the people posting those videos attracts any judicial attention whatsoever. It's a wager I can't lose because my faith in the hypocrisy of the leftie-infested establishment is absolute, unshakeable, and entirely correct.

A law which applies equally to everyone may or may not be just. But however much of an arsehole Tommy Robinson is, a law which does not apply equally to everyone cannot possibly be just.
    YOU LOST. AGAIN.

6. #6 | 2116037
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

Memnoch
    Just for fun I've had a look and found several videos online about how Robinson is guilty and must be imprisoned forever etc. I'll sell my house and donate the proceeds to the SWP if just one of the people posting those videos attracts any judicial attention whatsoever. It's a wager I can't lose because my faith in the hypocrisy of the leftie-infested establishment is absolute, unshakeable, and entirely correct.

A law which applies equally to everyone may or may not be just. But however much of an arsehole Tommy Robinson is, a law which does not apply equally to everyone cannot possibly be just.
    Yeah well....tough shit.

7. #7 | 2116044
    stalker
    Pakistan

MAY

Reg Perrin
    Yeah well....tough shit.
    Well thought out response.
    Rees Mogg for PM

8. #8 | 2116046
    BC Member
    United Kingdom

MAY

bill jarvis
    Well thought out response.
    The whole " people are hypocrites for wanting to convict Tommy Robinson" doesn't deserve a response. The jerk is a racist thug. Only idiots would seek to defend him by shining the torch on other faults with the system. Just focus on him and his thuggery, never mind other problems in the system, they can be addressed without the implied justification or exoneration of Yaxley Lennon...or whatever the pillocks called.

9. #9 | 2116047
    stalker
    Pakistan

MAY

Reg Perrin
    The whole " people are hypocrites for wanting to convict Tommy Robinson" doesn't deserve a response. The jerk is a racist thug. Only idiots would seek to defend him by shining the torch on other faults with the system. Just focus on him and his thuggery, never mind other problems in the system, they can be addressed without the implied justification or exoneration of Yaxley Lennon...or whatever the pillocks called.
    Thanks for your response.
    Rees Mogg for PM
    Liked by: sphinx

10. #10 | 2116048
    Keep hope alive
    St Lucia

MAY

The plot thickens ... Tommy Robinson is being sued for libel by the Syrian refugee schoolboy who was in the news last year for being the victim of bullying. Robinson alleges that he attacked three girls and another boy.

Say what you like by Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, there's never a dull moment with him around.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/908043...ommy-robinson/

Thread Information